6-Course Omnivore's Oasis Dinner Event
Want to know our idea of a food dream? Southeast Asian cuisine meeting South America with Caribbean touches thrown into the mix. That’s just what you get at the brand-new (June 2019) Flora Fauna in River North, which Thrillist named “One of the Best Restaurants in Chicago Right Now.” This colorful environment with its basket swings and tropical colors is the creation of husband-and-wife duo Liz Pearce (Jean-Banchet-nominated mixologist late of Green Door Tavern and Drifter) and chef Jonathan Meyer (Beatnik, Broken Shaker). Meyer is committed to creating dishes with locally-sourced, eco-conscious ingredients that reflect his seminal time working on an organic farm in Costa Rica, while Pearce’s extensive experience in Southeast Asia offers a whole other set of influences. Here, you will find highly original dishes that burst with flavor, such as fried mushrooms with pineapple rum mustard and tamarind-glazed turkey with spicy pickles. And the drinks? To die for. We will be taking over Flora Fauna for this event, and Meyer and Pierce will be on hand to address your questions and discuss their travels and food passions.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Chef Meyer's passion for sustainable cooking stems from his extensive travels throughout Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, and Guatemala. Having cut his professional teeth at The Purple Pig, Beatnik, and The Dawson, Meyer branched out on his own, opening Flora Fauna in June 2019.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Braised Jackfruit Dandan
with chilled papaya noodles, crushed cashews, and chili oil
Grilled Cauliflower & Broccolini
with goats milk yogurt and mustard chow chow
with kerala curry, chinese broccoli, roasted turnip, and coconut crema
Fried Skate Wing Lettuce Wraps
with crudites, keri vinaigrette, fermented chili aioli, and mushroom tamari
with dirty ancient grains, roasted wild mushrooms, and braised greens
with dark chocolate mousse, korean chili, tangerine whipped cream, and chicharron
11 W Illinois St
Chicago, IL 60654
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.