Flat & Point
6-Course Fire & Smoke Dinner Event
Brand-new, as of March 2019, Flat & Point on Logan Square features open fire cooking, locally sourced products, and a high-end reimagining of Texas barbecue. Here, you’ll find dishes like wagyu brisket from Snake River Farms in Idaho or Slagel Farm pork and polenta, but also vegetarian options like smoked lentil croquettes. Chef-Owner Brian Bruns has quite a story. At the age of 11, he ate at Trotters and asked Charlie Trotter how he could become a chef. Trotter invited Brian to work in his kitchen, and in that one summer at the age of 11, he entered the biz and never looked back. Years at Michelin-starred Spiaggia and Tru ultimately followed, and then he and his wife Taylor opened Flat & Point as a small beachfront stationary pop-up that they ran for two summers. Now, Flat & Point has become what Chicago Reader calls “a gift from the gods…high-performance, quality-sourced, and confidently creative food.” We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Bruns will be on hand to take your questions, share his story, and promote the joy of barbecue reimagined.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
An Austin native, Chef Bruns is a veteran of Michelin Starred restaurants Spiaggia (One Star) and Tru (Two Stars). In 2016, he left his Executive Sous Chef role at Spiaggia to open Flat & Point first as a pop-up, settling into the current brick-and-mortar restaurant in March 2019.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
head cheese and salami served with pickles, bbq mustard, and seeded crackers
with pork tongue, candied walnuts, shaved parmesan, and mustard vinaigrette
Smoked Pulled Pork Cannelloni
with mushrooms, pea shoots, and pork jus
with charred seasonal vegetables
with apple butter and pork gravy
Chocolate Brioche Bread Pudding
with dulce de leche
Flat & Point
3524 W Fullerton Ave, Chicago, IL 60647
Chicago, IL 60647
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for vegetarians and those with gluten or pork aversions. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.