Fine & Fettle
5-Course Inventive Southern Tasting Event
No, ‘fettle’ is not some new-fangled vegetable. The name of this intriguing restaurant, which opened in June 2020 in the Canopy by Hilton Charlotte Southpark, comes from the expression “in fine fettle,” meaning “To be in a state or condition of health, fitness, wholeness, spirit or form.” And that’s just how you’ll feel when you visit this all-day eatery that goes from being a cozy coffeehouse by morning to a hip gastro lounge by night. What might you find on Fine & Fettle’s seasonally-oriented, spanking-fresh farm-to-table menu? Everything from truffle fries to fried okra with roasted corn remoulade and ricotta salata to grass-fed beef, pastured-raised chicken, sustainably caught fish, and vegetarian main courses to don’t miss desserts like cinnamon roll bread pudding and white chocolate panna cotta. Fine & Fettle has significantly enlivened the Queen City’s food scene, and it awaits your discovery.
About the Host:
A North Carolina native, Chef Mason received his Bachelors degree in Culinary Arts and Food Service Management from Johnson & Wales University and his Masters degree in Hospitality Management from the University of Alabama. He then cut his teeth at a number of Charlotte's top luxury hotels and clubs, such as the Sanderling Resort, Charlotte City Club, Kimball's Kitchen, and Hilton Charlotte Center City. In 2020, Chef Mason joined the culinary team at Fine & Fettle as Executive Sous Chef, where he quickly rose the ranks to take over as Executive Chef in 2021.
Each course will be plated individually.
with charred carrots, caramelized pears, goat cheese, arugula, and pomegranate reduction
with goan chorizo, black-eyed peas, and pickled okra
with spiced walnuts, rosemary snow, and turmeric-lemon yogurt
with polenta and roasted root vegetables
with dark chocolate crust, chocolate crumb, and pomegranate reduction
Fine & Fettle
4905 Barclays Down Drive
Charlotte, NC 28210
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring proof of COVID-19 vaccination (refer to the "what qualifies as valid proof of vaccination" question below for more info on this) and a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $75 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member and all guests must also present proof of full vaccination upon arrival at the event in order to gain entry.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who fail to present proof of full vaccination upon arrival, and/or have not paid the guest ticket surcharge, will not be allowed entry.
- What qualifies as valid proof of vaccination?
- To verify that you are fully vaccinated, and gain entry to the event, you must present to our event lead any one of the following forms of proof: your original physical vaccination card, a clearly legible photo of your original vaccination card, or the CLEAR Health Pass App. Please note, you will be only be considered “fully vaccinated” if it has been at least 14 days since you've received either (a) a second shot of the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, or (b) a single shot of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. More questions about this? Check out our COVID-19-Related Event Requirements.
- Will this event be hosted indoors or outdoors?
- This event will be hosted indoors, as we will be taking over the entire restaurant for it. The restaurant will be closed to the public, and only fully vaccinated attendees will be allowed entry.