5-Course Ode To French-Louisiana Tasting Event
Opened in 2013, this café-grocery in Rosedale has become a hub of the neighborhood and a lure for diners from all over Austin. Executive Chef/Owner Sarah McIntosh grew up in Louisiana in a food-conscious family that met any and all celebrations with delicious meals and wine. Over the course of ten years, Chef McIntosh worked at Thomas Keller’s renowned Bouchon and Ad Hoc in Yountville, California and served as the sous chef at Austin’s beloved Olivia restaurant. But she had a vision that she was intent on realizing: to create an épicerie (that’s French for ‘grocery,’ folks) where people could buy provisions at the same time they enjoyed a fine restaurant meal. Here, you’ll find French classics like quiche and onion soup alongside Cajun-influenced dishes like shrimp po’boy and fried oysters. It’s a memorable medley, and, in recognition of her culinary savoir faire, Chef McIntosh made Zagat’s list of “30 Under 30” and was awarded a CultureMap Tastemaker Award. “C’est adorable!” raved Austin Eater of Épicerie, and we couldn’t agree more.
About the Host:
A Louisiana native, chef and owner Sarah McIntosh attend culinary school at Le Cordon Bleu Culinary School in Austin, Texas. During her ten-year tenure in kitchens, Sarah worked at Thomas Keller’s renowned Bouchon and Ad Hoc in Yountville, California, and served as the sous chef at Austin’s beloved Olivia restaurant, as well as a few other small restaurants, before striking out on her own with Epicerie.
All courses will be individually plated.
Farm Tomato Gazpacho
with cucumber, basil, and olive oil
with roasted cauliflower, parmigiano, and white anchovy
with grapefruit, charred green onion aioli, jalapeno, and cilantro
with summer greens, beans, and tarragon
with mousse and bruleed peaches
2307 Hancock Dr
Austin, TX 78756
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $80 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.