Ember & Ash
5-Course Farm-To-Flame Tasting Event
Ever hear the expression "snout-to-root"? It's food world talk for a restaurant whose menu is driven and inspired by the availability of local farms and purveyors and the ingredients sourced from them. With an emphasis on sustainability and a pull of inspiration from cuisines throughout the globe, Ember & Ash, opened in December 2020 in East Passyunk and named to Philly Mag's "50 Best Restaurants of 2022" list and USA Today's "10 Best New Restaurants in the Country," believes in minimal waste. Chef/Owner Scott Calhoun is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America who cut his teeth at Jean-Georges in New York and has cooked at top Philly establishments like Osteria, Parc, and Spice Finch. He even beat Bobby Flay with his liver and onions dish. At Ember & Ash, he is serving up killer hanger steak, gemelli with oxtail ragu and parmesan, chicken liver mousse, and other deeply satisfying dishes, many turned out in a wood-fueled hearth. We're excited to visit and hear from Chef Calhoun about his food philosophy—and his love for everything offal!
About the Host:
Hailing from Lancaster, PA, Chef Scott Calhoun graduated from the Culinary institute of America in NY. Previously he served as exec sous chef at Osteria (under James Beard Award-Winning Chef Jeff Michaud) and chef de cuisine at Parc (from James Beard Award-Winning Restauranteur Stephen Starr). He opened Ember & Ash in December of 2020.
Each course will be served family-style with either 2 or 3 portions/plate depending on the number of guests you are bringing to the event (i.e. if you are attending with one guest, you will be served two portions/plate). Solo attendees will receive individually-plated courses.
Chicken Liver Mousse
Grilled Pear Salad
birchrun hills farm equinox cheese, tuscan kale, warm grains
roasted delicata squash, brown butter, sage
green curry, jalapeño, lettuce cups, pickles
Grilled Olive Oil Cake
stone fruit curd, whipped sour cream
Ember & Ash
1520 E Passyunk Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. As per this restaurant’s policy, as well as local guidelines, we will not be requiring proof of COVID vaccination from attendees to gain entry.