Day 2: 5-Course Tribute to Olde Tyme PA Tasting Series
Opened in 2019, this Fishtown eatery is an homage to Pennsylvania Dutch country cuisine and its tradition of whole-animal butchery, native ingredients, and heirloom dishes. Chef/Owner Adam Diltz, named by Eater as “Chef of the Year” in 2019 and a James Beard “Best Chef: Mid Atlantic” finalist in 2022, grew up in rural northeastern Pennsylvania, hunting and fishing, eating venison, and pulling turnips from his great-grandfather’s farm. After culinary school, he went to work for three James Beard Award-winning chefs ((Barbara Lynch at No. 9 Park in Boston, Jean Joho at Everest in Chicago, and Joseph Lenn at Blackberry Farm in Tennessee) and then hit Philadelphia, rising eventually to executive chef at Johnny Brenda’s in Fishtown. At Elwood, he is serving deeply satisfying regional dishes like catfish & waffles, pierogi, whole farm rabbit, striped bass, beef tri-tip, and duck. (Did we mention that he also offers the apotheosis of funnel cakes?) “In this age of trend-tested concepts, there’s a rare clarity of “here I am” rustic passion guiding chef Adam Diltz’s vision, rooted in both personal and rural Pennsylvania histories. And I find it deliciously compelling,”” wrote Philadelphia Inquirer reviewer Craig LaBan, who named Elwood to his “Top 10” list.
About the Host:
A Pennsylvania native, Chef Adam Diltz graduated culinary school at the Pennsylvania College of Technology. After working for 3 James Beard Award-Winning chefs outside PA (Chef Barbara Lynch at No. 9 Park in Boston, Chef Jean Joho at Everest in Chicago, and Chef Joseph Lenn at Blackberry Farm in TN), he moved to Philly, where he's served as Head Chef at Farmicia and Executive Chef at Johnny Brenda’s.
All courses will be individually plated.
Heirloom Tomato Salad
ricotta, mixed herbs
Catfish and Waffles
pepper hash, cornmeal
braised beef, sour cream
green meadow farm summer vegetables
1007 Frankford Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19125
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for vegetarians. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.
- Does this restaurant serve alcoholic beverages?
- This restaurant is a BYO establishment, so please feel free to bring your own alcoholic beverages.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, please note this restaurant is BYOB, so make sure to bring your own wine and/or beer if you'd like!
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, there is nearby street parking available. Availability may be low however, so please plan accordingly.
- Can I bring guests who are not members to this event?
- Yep! Members are able to purchase up to 3 guest tickets to this event (based on availability). However, guest tickets are $20 more than member tickets ($85 + tax/tip), and guests will not be allowed entry to the event unless they're accompanied by a member.