6-Course Globally Inspired Dinner Event
Just a year old, this welcome addition to the West Loop is a great, fun place to hang out and eat well. Executive Chef Paul Caravelli spent six months training at Everest under star chefs Thierry Thritsch and Jean Joho. He then went on to Bistro Kirkou under Chef Marc Montagna, rising to sous chef. After competing on ABC’s cooking competition The Taste, taking sixth place out of 83,000 contenders, he opened three successful “farm-to-fork” restaurants in California before returning to his native Illinois. Chicagoans appreciate his loyalty—and his food. Kudos to the saffron hummus with grilled flatbread, the cavatelli with duck confit, crispy shallots, and preserved orange, the rotisserie “beer can” Amish chicken, and so much more. We will be taking over Eleven Eleven for the evening, and Chef Caravelli will be on hand to answer your questions, trade shop secrets, and discuss the challenges of owning and operating a restaurant in 2019.
About the Host:
Chef Caravelli honed his craft under Jean Joho at Everest, as well as Bistro Kirkou under the legendary Jean Banchet. He then relocated to California, competing on ABC's cooking competition The Taste and opening a series of respected seasonally-focused restaurants. Returning to home to Chicago, he spent years leading the kitchen at Knife & Tine before taking the reins at Eleven Eleven in 2018.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
California "Maki" Roll
with grilled calamari, avocado, hibiscus rice and saffron kewpie
XO-XO Buffalo Fried Chicken
with green mango salad, honey comb white truffle, and buttermilk dressing
Bourbon Glazed Pork Belly
with salted shishito, and butterscotch drizzled churros
La Quircia and Smoking Goose Meats
with great american cheese selections, rice crackers and "found" accoutrements
Wood-fired Beauvette Steak
with sticky black truffle frites, A-11 sauce, and grana snow
Three Pie Flight
with mama's apple, best banana creme, and french silk pie
1111 W Lake St
Chicago, IL 60607
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.