5-Course Local Meets Global Tasting Event
Just opened this past July, this sought-after eatery on South Lamar vaulted right onto Resy’s List of “18 Best New Restaurants in the US” and Tribeza calls it “Austin’s hottest new restaurant, which everyone has been talking about.” Head Chef Colter Peck, an alum of such top Portland restaurants as Le Pigeon, Canard, and Proud Mary, is an Austin native who has built up strong relationships with local farmers to source the freshest ingredients. At Elementary, he is serving up inventive dishes like banh mi éclair, ramen risotto, half chicken with chorizo, saffron honey, and shaved fennel, and seared scallops with ahi amarillo mayo, dashi apple, and almond. It’s all served up in a sleek but whimsical environment that feels like an elementary school cafeteria (if such a place was reimagined with the most sophisticated design sensibility.) “An enthusiastic crowd has made this school-themed restaurant very popular,” says Texas Monthly, so grab your trapper keeper and let’s go!
About the Host:
Culinary Director & Head Chef
An Austin native, Chef Colter Peck spent a year at a resort on Priest Lake in northern Idaho before turning to fine dining destinations Le Pigeon (a 2-Time James Beard Award recipient), Canard, and Proud Mary. At the end of the pandemic, he returned to Austin to assume the position of head chef at Two Hands Austin. He has since become Culinary Director & Head Chef at Elementary.
All courses will be individually plated. There will be no substitutions for garlic or allium restrictions.
cara cara orange, mexican tarragon, champagne walnut vinegar, black lime hazelnut
tamari, wasabi, ginger, sesame, pansies
'nduja, confit onion, eel xo sauce, parsnip puree
shiro dashi, yuzu, seared pork belly, egg yolk
Cosmic Brownie, Elementary Style
dark chocolate, aleppo, orange blossom, sprinkles
2026 S Lamar Blvd
Austin, TX 78704
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Can I bring guests who are not members to this event?
- Yep! Members are able to purchase up to 3 guest tickets to this event (based on availability). However, guest tickets are $20 more than member tickets ($85 + tax/tip), and guests will not be allowed entry to the event unless they're accompanied by a member.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, parking is available through their private lot, with nearby street parking also available.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with garlic or allium allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.