5-Course Orchard Inspired Tasting Event
David Nichols, executive chef and owner of this sparkling Green Lake restaurant that opened in 2019, grew up in Washington, working on his family’s orchard. At Eight Row—the name refers to the largest cherry size found on a standard cherry gauge—he folds his family’s culinary traditions into those of the more recent immigrants who worked alongside him and his family. Coming off his great success as the driving force behind Rider in the Hotel Theodore, which became one of the hottest restaurants in downtown Seattle, Chef Nichols is now spotlighting the peerless produce and protein of the Evergreen State, featuring flavors from both Central and South America, with dishes like grilled pork chop with honeycrisp mole, fennel and candied walnuts, lamb belly with feta, fermented cherry, jalapeño salsa and housemade tortillas, and fried eggplant with turnips, cumin crema, sesame and chili de àrbol honey. Seattle Met named Eight Row one of the 100 Best Restaurants in the city in 2021 and 2022, so we are more than excited to revisit it!
About the Host:
A Central Washington native, Chef Nichols is a graduate of NYC's French Culinary Institute who got his professional start cooking at Chef Marc Murphy's Benchmarc Restaurant Group (Landmarc, Kingside, Ditch Plains) where he quickly rose the ranks to become Executive Chef. He then served as opening chef at Irvington in the W Hotel, Union Square, before returning to Seattle in 2015 to serve as Executive Chef of Queen Anne Hall and, later, Head Chef for Rider in the Hotel Theodore. In 2019, he launched Dime Food Group, with Eight Row being the group's first venture. In 2022, he was named a semifinalist for James Beard's "Best Chef: Northwest and Pacific" Award.
All courses will be individually plated.
coconut leche de tigre marinade, peach chamoy sauce, parsnips
Roasted Baby Beets
Italian plums, leek ash ricotta, pickled cherry vinaigrette
Dungeness Crab Risotto
confit cherry tomatoes, charred peppers, pepitas
Roasted Pork Loin
smoked honeycrisp mole sauce, charred cabbage, cider jus
Bartlett Pear Torte
dulce de leche crème anglaise, corn nut brittle
7102 Woodlawn Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98115
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.