6-Course Contemporary American Dinner Event
In 1842, local innkeeper Angelina Eberly stood up to President Sam Houston and his Texas Rangers by firing a cannon to stave off a rebellion and preserve Austin as the capital of Texas. Even though Austin was in its infancy, she knew it was worth fighting for. Firm in the belief that Austin, with its current aura of creativity and risk-taking, is still worth fighting for, Eberly opened in 2016 on South Lamar. Here, Executive Chef Jo Chan, who has worked closely with mega-star chefs like Jonathan Waxman and Marcus Samuelsson, is turning out expertly prepared American-focused fare like short ribs, fish dishes, and superb pasta, all served in an environment that led Brit + Co Magazine to name Eberly to its list of “10 Restaurants (all over the world, no less) That Are So Gorgeous You’ll Never Want to Leave.” And the topper? The fabulously ornate bar comes from Greenwich Village’s legendary Cedar Tavern, where everyone from Jackson Pollack to Jack Kerouac to Bob Dylan hung out. What a trip! We’ll be taking over Eberly for this event, and Chef Chan will be on hand to answer your questions and share her food passions.
About the Host:
A graduate of San Diego State University and San Diego Culinary Institute, Chef Chan established her culinary career at New York's Nobu Fifty Seven, Barbuto and Upland restaurants. Most recently, Jo collaborated with Chef Marcus Samuelsson to bring local flavors and seasonal cooking to his American inspired restaurants, Kitchen & Table, located throughout Scandinavia. She joined the team at Eberly in 2018.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
East Coast Oysters
with paddlefish caviar, yuzu kosho, and gold leaf
with green peppercorn caesar dressing, focaccia croutons, and parmesan
Tagliatelle alla Bolognese
housemade pasta with veal and pork ragu, san marzano tomatoes, and parmesan
Whole Roasted Amish Chicken
with fennel, meyer lemon, and chimichurri
Roasted Cauliflower & Purple Brussels Sprouts
with pistachio pistou and sourdough bread
Roasted Banana Rice Pudding
with turkish green figs and puffed ancient grains
615 S. Lamar
Austin, TX 78704
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.