5-Course Forage-to-Fork Tasting Event
Just opened in January, this Alki Beach eatery (named to Eater’s “Hottest New Restaurants in Seattle” List) is the latest creation of Chef Dan Mallahan and his wife Jackie. Located along the shores of the Puget Sound, Driftwood takes its inspiration from the region surrounding it. Chef Mallahan partners with farmers in the Deschutes, Green and Snohomish River valleys and works closely with tribal members of the Quinaul and Makah tribes to source some of the best fish in the world. A native of Everett, Chef Mallahan earned his stripes working for James Beard Award-Winning Chef Nancy Oakes at the Michelin-starred Boulevard restaurant in San Francisco. In 2016, he had the opportunity to work with world-renowned chef Cristina Bowerman in Rome, cooking at her Michelin-starred Glass Hostaria. In 2017, he moved back to Seattle to open RIDER, a seafood-focused, wood-fired restaurant in the heart of downtown. At Driftwood, he dazzles with dishes that elevate the freshest meats, seafood, and produce to the highest level, served in a beautiful space designed by Jackie, with soft wood tones and sea colors of aqua and green. It all adds up to a powerhouse dining experience!
About the Host:
Born and raised in Everett, WA, Chef Dan Mallahan graduated from the California Culinary Academy. He previously cooked in the kitchens of Michelin-Starred Boulevard (under James Beard Award-Winning Chef Nancy Oakes) and Michelin-Starred Glass Hostaria (under world-famous Chef Cristina Bowerman). In 2017, he opened RIDER. Driftwood is his second restaurant.
All courses will be individually plated.
Local Rockfish Crudo
shiitake mushroom conserva, shaved hakurei turnip, sea lettuce, fresh pea shoot, puffed wild rice
Taylor Shellfish Steamers
cider glazed pork belly, manila clams, alvarez farm potato, salted apple butter, toasted sourdough crisp
Little Big Farm Butter Lettuce
chanterelle & fireweed honey vinaigrette, shaved cosmic crisp apple, 75 day aged glacier blue cheese, spiced pecan, bee pollen
Butcher's Cut Pork Chop
green garlic spätzle, sweet onion soubise, sautéed brassica, poached collin's family orchards pink lady apple, mustards greens, pork jus
Grandma Gina's Hazelnut Pie
nookachamps farms hazelnut, macerated strawberry, mama's garden thyme, salted chantilly cream
2722 Alki Ave SW
Seattle, WA 98116
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, there is nearby street parking available. Availability may be low however, so please plan accordingly.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.