6-Course Modern Tex-Mex Dinner Event
Enter the diner of your dreams at this 2019 Michelin Bib Gourmand pick in the heart of Wicker Park. Chef de Cuisine Tom Carlin draws on Southern and Mexican influences to create a menu that takes a great American tradition and recreates it in contemporary terms. Chef Carlin grew up in Kansas City, MO (a part of the world that knows a thing or two about diners) and then picked up some other regional culinary traditions while cooking at the Houston Country Club. Relocating to Chicago, he worked at Publican Quality Meats, mastering the art of whole animal butchery and developing relationships with local food purveyors. Time Out Chicago says, “Dove’s is the latest entrant into the nouveau diner landscape” and lauds its “perfectly executed menu, cool vibe and tequila list.” We'll be taking over the whole restaurant for this collaboration, and Chef Carlin will be coming out of the kitchen throughout the evening to take your questions and share his love for indigenous American cuisine…with a Mexican twist.
About the Host:
Chef de Cuisine
After graduating from culinary school in his home town of Kansas City, MO, Chef Carlin packed up and moved to Chicago where he quickly got a job as line cook at Publican Quality Meats. He rose the ranks there to become Head Butcher and then Executive Sous Chef before taking the helm at Dove's Luncheonette.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Vuelve de Vida Cocktail
marinated shrimp, squid, and crab with tomato and avocado and served with saltines
Beet Tortilla Taco
with roasted squash, hongos, crema, and arbol salsa
Country Ham Tamal
with mole coloradito, marinated calabaza, swiss chard, and crispy ham
with pickled red onion and cauliflower salad
with collard greens, hominy, crispy bits, and biscuits
Ice Cream Sandwiches
with mexican chocolate, strawberry hibiscus, and graham cookie
1545 N Damen Ave
Chicago, IL 60622
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.