6-Course South Indian Inspired Dinner Event
It's been over a YEAR since our last collaboration with TC favorite DOSA, and Exec Chef Arun Gupta is positively itching to test out a brand-new set of recipes for his loyal guinea pigs. For those of you who missed our first collaboration: NYC native Arun Gupta grew up with an Indian father and a Polish-American mother and honed his early kitchen skills frying pooris and shaping pierogis. After graduating from Tufts University, he landed a job cooking at the legendary Gramercy Tavern, where he harnessed his culinary passion and honed his craft for the better part of five years (see his full bio below). He then caught the eye of DOSA'S owner, Anjan Mitra, who convinced Chef Gupta to tap into his roots and oversee this budding South Indian culinary empire. Now in charge of DOSA'S culinary direction, Chef Gupta relishes the opportunity to use the bounty of California's incredible produce and create food that feels authentically Indian. Since taking over, Chef Gupta's innovative take on Indian cuisine has garnered nothing but glowing praise from the food press, including a Michelin Bib Gourmand selection in both 2018 and 2019. We'll be taking over the restaurant for this event and Chef Gupta will, as usual, be coming out of the kitchen throughout the evening to discuss his food philosophy and participate in a Q&A with attendees.
About the Host:
After graduating from Tufts University, Chef Gupta had a brief career teaching chess before switching gears to the professional kitchen. His culinary career kicked off with a 5-year stint in the kitchen of NYC's legendary Gramercy Tavern. He then went on to serve as Chef de Cuisine at Maysville, the 2-Star NY Times Critics' Pick eatery, before moving to SF to take the reigns at DOSA.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Duo of Bites
late winter pani puri with zuckerman’s potatoes and green herb water | avocado chaat with spiced peanuts, oro blanco grapefruit, and crisps
Romanesco Cauliflower Tawa
with zahidi dates, citrus, and beet green chutney
Winter Vegetable Curry
with cashews and market vegetables
Whole Grilled Seabass
with ginger, coriander, and yogurt
Spice Smoked Sonoma Lamb
with cinnamon, cumin, and black pepper
Sweet Potato Gulab Jamun and Pineapple Kesari
1700 Fillmore St
San Francisco, CA 94115
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $75 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, the chef will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies. Please note that accommodations can only be made if you Update Your Dietary Restrictions or email us at [email protected] no less than 72 hours before the event.