Dos Urban Cantina
6-Course Contemporary Mexican Dinner Event
Brian Enyart, executive chef and co-owner of Dos Urban Cantina on Logan Square, has enjoyed an enviable career. For 15 years, he worked in the kitchen of Frontera Grill with celebrated chef Rick Bayless. He then became the chef de cuisine at Topolobampo, Frontera Grill’s sleeker, more modern sister restaurant. Under his direction, Topolobampo received one Michelin star and later went on to receive the James Beard Foundation Award for “outstanding restaurant.” In November 2015, he opened Dos Urban Cantina with his wife and former Topolobampo pastry chef Jennifer Jones Enyart, and their creation has received numerous honors, including Michelin Bib Gourmand rankings from 2016 to 2019. The Michelin Guide hails Dos Urban Cantina’s “consistently delicious and inventive cuisine,” while Thrillist recently ranked it among “the best Mexican restaurants in Chicago.” We'll be taking over the restaurant's private space for this event, and both chefs will be on hand to take questions, discuss their careers, and explain why they think Mexican food ranks among the world’s best cuisines.
About the Hosts:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Chef Enyart honed his craft under Chef Rick Bayless, first at Frontera Grill in Chicago, then as chef de cuisine at Topolobampo. Under his direction, Topolobampo received one Michelin star and later went on to receive the James Beard Foundation award for “Outstanding Restaurant.” In November 2015 he opened Dos Urban Cantina with his wife Jennifer.
Jennifer Jones Enyart
Pastry Chef & Co-Owner
An Illinois native, Chef Enyart cut her teeth in Chicago's Le Lan, Quince, and Charlie Trotter's before moving over to Chef Rick Bayless' Topolobampo, where she was recognized as the Chicago Tribune's Pastry Chef of the Year for 2012. In 2015 she opened Dos Urban Cantina with her husband Brian, where her work has earned her a James Beard Award nomination for Outstanding Pastry Chef in 2018.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Sweet Corn Tamal
with charred parmesan and roasted tomato salsa
with sweet corn, spicy salsa verde and crema
with toasted seeds, avocado and serrano chile
Achiote-Miso Marinated Fish Collars
with mexican rice and xnipec salad
Pan Roased Flank Steak
with herbed potatoes, bagna cauda butter and black garlic pasilla salsa
"Chicago's Best Chocolate Cake" -- Chicago Tribune
Dos Urban Cantina
2829 W Armitage Ave
Chicago, IL 60647
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.