5-Course Revisiting Hanoian Roots Tasting Event
Opened in July of 2022 in the Heights, this exceptional eatery has vaulted onto a number of “Best Of” lists, including Infatuation’s “Best New Restaurants in HTX 2023” List and “Best Vietnamese in Houston” List, as well as Houston Culture Map’s “16 Best Restaurants in 2023” List. Chef Mandy Tran, a Houston native of Vietnamese descent, is offering up a menu that combines traditional and contemporary Vietnamese dishes. Dinette invites diners to discover dishes they have never encountered before. To that end, Chef Tran is serving up inventive offerings like Vietnamese grilled pizza with pork belly, pineapple, and fried shallots, braised beef with cheese fries, fried chicken wings with honeyed fish sauce, tofu mushroom curry, and a soft shell crab banh mi. Wash it down with an iced Vietnamese coffee, an iced chrysanthemum tea, or something harder, and you’re in business. “[Dinette] is about having fun and making great food,” raves Infatuation, while Texas Monthly lauds the “colorful plates parading by, some original, others updated classics, and all tantalizing.” We’re there!
About the Host:
Chef Mandy Tran (lovingly known as Dinette’s food lady) is a Houston native and has worked in the culinary industry for 15 years. Discovered by Chef Cole Hoang during her time at Hando, she was invited to join the team at Dinette, where she now leads the kitchen.
Courses #1-#4 will be served family style. Course #5 will be served individually plated.
Pickled Lotus Stem Salad
grilled shrimp, green leaf lettuce, mango, crispy shallot, shrimp cracker, chili lime dressing
Vietnamese Crystal Dumplings
tapioca, char siu pork, annatto marinated shrimp, blue crab, citrus chili fish sauce
Truffled Beef Carpaccio
vietnamese coriander, betel leaf, asian pear, herb mix, peanuts, crispy shallot, bird's eye chili
Caramelized & Braised Salmon Collar
jasmine rice, bird's eye chili, garlic, scallion, onion
vietnamese coffee, coconut pastry cream, caramelized fish sauce craquelin
1018 N Shepherd Dr
Houston, TX 77008
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests who are not members to this event?
- Yep! Members are able to purchase up to 3 guest tickets to this event (based on availability). However, guest tickets are $20 more than member tickets ($85 + tax/tip), and guests will not be allowed entry to the event unless they're accompanied by a member.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, parking is available through their private lot and/or garage.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with dairy, gluten, soy, vegetarian, shellfish, or pork restrictions. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.