5-Course Memories of Addis Ababa Tasting Event
This popular eatery, opened in 2019, has shown itself to be a scrappy survivor in today’s restaurant world. The secret? Superb dishes from a cuisine that demands discovery. Eater named Delish to its 2023 List of “38 Essential Restaurants in Seattle” while Infatuation placed it on its List of the city’s “11 Best Ethiopian Restaurants.” Delish is the brainchild of husband-wife team Delish and Amy Mulate, who serves as the head chef. Chef Amy, whose mom was among the best chefs in her Addis Ababa neighborhood, is drawing upon her family’s culinary traditions to turn out authentic and delicious dishes like miser wot (red lentils stewed with onion, garlic, and spicy herbs), kaye siir (beets and potatoes with minced onion and garlic), tibs (tender beef cubes sauteed with onions, garlic, jalapeno, and rosemary), and assa goulash (cubed tilapia with tomatoes, green pepper, and spices). Much of it is served on injera, a flatbread usually made from teff, a north African grain, that is often placed on the traditional mesob, a colorful round table woven from sweetgrass, which encourages communal dining. We’re excited to visit, to meet the Mulates, and to find out more about this important world cuisine!
About the Host:
Hailing from Addis Ababa, Chef Amy Mulate has cultivated recipes from generations of chefs in her family line. In 2019, she opened Delish alongside her husband.
All courses will be individually plated.
red split lentil, onion, garlic, mixed ethiopian spices
split pea, onion, garlic, tumeric
lean beef, red pepper sauce, ethiopian spice
lean beef, onion, garlic, ginger
filo, chopped nuts, honey
5701 Rainier Ave S
Seattle, WA 98118
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests who are not members to this event?
- Yep! Members are able to purchase up to 3 guest tickets to this event (based on availability). However, guest tickets are $20 more than member tickets ($85 + tax/tip), and guests will not be allowed entry to the event unless they're accompanied by a member.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, parking is available through their private lot, with nearby street parking also available.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.