5-Course Revisiting Malaysian Roots Tasting Event
Opened just this past October in Noe Valley, Damansara (AKA, the only full service central Malaysian eatery in San Francisco) immediately vaulted onto San Francisco Chronicle’s “Best New Restaurants of 2022” list and was named by Bon Appétit as one of the city’s “7 Most Exciting New Restaurants.” Chef/Owner Tracy Goh, who was born in Malaysia and went to college in Australia, moved to San Francisco in 2012, where she began hosting pop-ups that became wildly popular. Dreaming of a brick-and-mortar establishment, she worked with La Cocina, a non-profit organization that cultivates low-income food entrepreneurs, with a primary focus on women of color and immigrants. At Damansara, she is opening up a new world for diners with signature Malaysian dishes like laksa (a comforting and aromatic noodle soup), deep-fried curry puffs, otak-otak (which is a sausage-like coconut fish cake wrapped in a banana leaf and grilled), and a dessert that is a national favorite in Malaysia: white toast spread with house-made kaya (pandan-coconut jam) and butter. We are so excited to visit here, to sample Chef Goh’s food, and to hear about her life’s journey!
About the Host:
Born and raised in Malaysia, Chef Tracy Goh studied in Australia before moving to SF in 2012. She joined the La Cocina incubation program in 2018, after 6 years of hosting large-scale private events. Damansara is her first restaurant.
Courses #1, #2 and #4 will be served family style. Courses #3 and #5 will be served individually plated.
Open-Face Crab Popiah
wonton chips, crab meat, water chestnut, mixed vegetables, dipping sauce
Peanut Sauce Salad
southeast asian fruits, peanut sauce
signature noodle soup, chicken, assorted seafood
Salted Egg Crispy Chicken
savory cereal, cured duck egg yolk, cream, butter
fresh mango, tapioca pearls, palm sugar, coconut
1781 Church St
San Francisco, CA 94131
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, there is nearby street parking available. Availability may be low however, so please plan accordingly.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with shellfish, nuts/seeds, alliums, or garlic restrictions. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.