6-Course Modern Ranch-Style Dinner Event
For over thirty years, Contigo Ranch has been a meeting ground where friends and family come together to enjoy great food under the stars. In 2011, Contigo made its pleasures available to the public, and, last year, Eater named Contigo one of the “38 Essential Restaurants of Texas,” calling it “timeless and sturdily Texan, with a menu of thoroughly modern bar food that begs to be consumed outdoors.” (Don’t worry, however. There’s plenty of indoor air-conditioned space as well, if that’s your desire). Dishes here include ox-tongue sliders, hearty cast-iron pans of rabbit and dumplings, and all manner of charcuterie. Executive Chef Mark Toups graduated from Le Cordon Bleu in Austin after completing his tour in Iraq, and has trained in some of Austin's most exciting restaurants, including Uchi and Laundrette. He will be on hand when we take over the restaurant for this event to answer your questions about how he approaches food and hospitality.
About the Host:
Chef Toups' passion for food started young with crawfish boils, his grandma’s gumbo and fishing with his dad, who served as a chef in the Navy. After a tour in Iraq in the Army, Mark landed in Dallas, Texas, graduating from Austin's Le Cordon Bleu before cutting his professional teeth at Uchi, Launderette, and Apple Inc. He now leads the kitchen at Contigo as executive chef.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Charred Avocado Dip
with lime, sesame, crispy garlic, and tortilla chips
Crispy Green Beans
with sambal aioli
pork belly wrapped loin cooked whole and served with crispy skin
with lemon, capers, parsley, and fried shallots
with fennel seed, aioli, and pepitas
with caramel, cream cheese, pecans, and candied carrots
2027 Anchor Ln
Austin, TX 78723
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.