5-Course Elevated Peruvian Tasting Event
Peruvian cuisine—one of the world’s best—reflects the diversity of that nation’s extraordinary landscape, from snow-capped mountain ranges to desert to seashore to rain forest. Contento’s Chef/Co-Owner Oscar Lorenzzi, born in Lima, spent two decades working his way through the ranks of New York City’s restaurant scene before becoming Executive Chef of Graydon Carter’s renowned Waverly Inn. His dream project, Contento, opened in June 2021 in East Harlem. Here, Chef Lorenzzi offers signature dishes like arroz con pato (duck leg, green rice, fennel and onion salad, pomegranate gastrique), octopus served with black chimichurri and chilled cauliflower gazpacho, and pumpkin stew with root vegetables, edamames, and smoked mozzarella, as well as dishes that show Chinese and Japanese influences on Peruvian cuisine, and, of course, ceviches. And what a reception Contento has had! It made the New York Times’ 2021 List of “Top New Restaurants” and Esquire’s 2021 List of “Best New Restaurants in America” in its opening year and is still making waves, most recently with Eater's 2023 "Best in Harlem" List. We are excited to visit and also to hear about Contento’s unusual commitment to absolute accessibility for all diners. (One of its owners as well as Yannick Benjamin, named Sommelier/Beverage Director of the Year, both use wheelchairs.)
About the Host:
Born in Peru’s capital of Lima, Chef Lorenzzi has spent two decades working his way through the ranks of New York City’s restaurant scene. Oscar cooked at Man Ray, L’Escale and Gaia before joining Andy D’Amico of Chef Driven Group to develop the successful 5 Napkin Burger franchise. He then moved on to lead Marseille and Nice Matin as Chef de Cuisine. After a decade with Chef Driven Group, he took the role of Executive Chef of Graydon Carter’s renowned Waverly Inn, where he ran the kitchen for two years before returning to Chef Driven Group in 2018. He opened his dream project, Contento, in the Spring of 2021.
All courses will be individually plated. For this event’s dietary restriction accommodation policy, see the Event FAQs below.
huancaína sauce, poached egg
citrus olive oil, radish, citrus emulsion
Roasted Pork Belly
apple butter, pickle mustard, mustard greens
Peruvian Pollo a la Brasa
crispy potato, peruvian green sauce, roasted vegetables
coffee whipped cream, tonka bean, caramel
88 E 111th St
New York, NY 10029
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with garlic or allium allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $90 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.