5-Course Ode To La Famiglia Tasting Event
Just a year and a half after its opening, this stylish River Oaks eatery earned a place on the Houston Chronicle's 2022 list of "Top 100 Restaurants" and Houstonia Magazine's "19 Best Italian Restaurants." Concura, which means "with care" in Italian, is the passion project of Italian fashion and design consultant Jessica Biondi. Her husband, Alessio Ricci, co-owner and sommelier, grew up in the food world, as his family owned a restaurant in the coastal town of Fano in the Marche region on the Adriatic coast. Working together with Executive Chef Ilias Gugole of Verona, they turn out superb versions of dishes like tuna tartare over burrata, pappa al pomodoro (Tuscan bread soup), vitello tonnato, and marvelous pasta like carbonara di pesce and passatelli boscaioli. The interior is stunning too, with dark, lime-washed walls and high-end Italian designer furniture. We're excited to visit here, to close our eyes, and to imagine that we have been transported to everyone's favorite destination: Italia!
About the Host:
Hailing from Verona, Italy, Chef Ilias Gugole attended the Scuola Alberghiera Angelo Berti and honed his craft at restaurants throughout Italy before moving to the US. He is Executive Chef at Concura, working in partnership with owner and sommelier Alessio Ricci.
Courses #1, #2, and #4 will be served family-style, with courses #3 and #5 individually plated.
eggplant, salted ricotta, tomato sauce
tuscan crostini with chicken liver, caper berries
Passatelli al Ragu Toscano
traditional romagna pasta dish with tuscan meat ragu sauce
Maialino da Latte Croccante
crispy suckling pig with roasted vegetables
mascarpone cheese, cocoa
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating all timely requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Courses #1, #2, and #4 will be served family-style, with courses #3 and #5 individually plated. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
4340 Westheimer Rd Suite 150
Houston, TX 77027
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. As per this restaurant’s policy, as well as local guidelines, we will not be requiring proof of COVID vaccination from attendees to gain entry.