DAY 1: 6-Course Chinese Meets Korean Dinner Series
The name of this DuPont Circle eatery is a mashup of “Chinese” and “Korean,” thus signifying the two prevailing culinary influences on Chef Scott Drewno. Chef Drewno grew up in New York’s Finger Lakes wine region, not a hotbed of such influences, but he discovered the glories of Asian cuisine while working at Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s Vong and Stephen Hansen’s Ruby Foo’s. In 2007, Wolfgang Puck tapped Drewno as the opening Executive Chef of The Source, and he received the coveted “Chef of the Year” prize in 2010 and 2016 and was twice a semifinalist for the “Best Chef Mid-Atlantic” James Beard Award. The awards have come in too for CHIKO, which was a semifinalist for a 2018 “Best New Restaurant” James Beard Award and was named by the Washingtonian as one of D.C.’s Top 100 Restaurants. CHIKO’s menu includes dishes like Sichuan smoked catfish with squid fried rice, pork belly-kimchi stew, and all manner of dumplings. We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Drewno will be in and out of the kitchen to answer your questions and share the secrets of his greatest Asian hits.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
A New York native, Chef Drewno solidified his passion for Asian cuisines at Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s Vong and Stephen Hansen’s Ruby Foo’s. In 2007, Wolfgang Puck tapped Drewno as the opening Executive Chef at The Source, where he earned RAMW Chef of the Year prize twice ('10 & '16) and two semifinalist nominations for the “Best Chef Mid-Atlantic” James Beard Award ('12 &'13). He opened the first CHIKO in 2017.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with candied almonds, jicama, and citrus soy vinaigrette
"Shrimp & Grits"
with rice porridge and xo sauce
Wild Mushroom Dumpling
with sesame chili sauce
with candied mandarins and fresno peppers
Wagshal's Chopped Brisket
with soy-brined soft egg, furikake butter, and pickled peppers
with candied almonds, lime zest, and caramel
2029 P St NW
Washington, DC 20036
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with sesame aversions/allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.