6-Course Nouveau Sichuan Tasting Event
Opened just a year ago in Dupont Circle, this visually stunning Chinese restaurant from twice-nominated James Beard Award Chef Peter Chang has taken the Capital by storm, landing on Washington Post Critic Tom Sietsema’s “7 Favorite Places to Eat” List, on Washingtonian’s “100 Best Restaurants” List, and Thrillist’s “Best in DC” List. Chef Chang, who was born and raised in the Chinese province of Hubei, moved to Washington DC in 2001 to become the chef for the Chinese ambassador to the United States. He has since become one of the city’s premier restaurateurs, with a string of popular eateries to his name. At Chang Chang, his menu features authentic Sichuan dishes that he is best known for, along with pan-Chinese regional dishes from Canton, Beijing, and his hometown of Wuhan. The spectacular dishes range from dry pot cabbage & pork belly to cumin beef to sizzling three pepper chicken to black pepper scallops… Well, it goes on and on. “One of Washington’s most thrilling new restaurants,” says Washington Post, and we are over-the-top excited to visit here.
About the Host:
Hailing from China's Hubei province, Chef Peter Chang attended culinary school in Wuhan. After working for Chinese luxury cruise ships and hotels, he moved to DC in 2001, becoming a private chef for the Chinese ambassador to the United States. He opened his first eponymous restaurant in 2011, with a series of DC area restaurants following after that. He is a Two-Time James Beard “Best Chef” Nominee.
Courses #1 - #5 will be served family style. Course #6 will be individually plated.
Crispy Eggplant & Shiitake Fries
cumin, chili, sichuan peppercorn
chef's special soy-chili dip
Wasabi Walnut Shrimp
Minced Chicken Lettuce Cups
chopped water chestnut, oyster sauce
Wagyu Beef Lo Mein
calamansi lime, rice cracker crust, black pepper meringue
1200 19th St NW Ste 110
Washington, DC 20036
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests who are not members to this event?
- Yep! Members are able to purchase up to 3 guest tickets to this event (based on availability). However, guest tickets are $20 more than member tickets ($85 + tax/tip), and guests will not be allowed entry to the event unless they're accompanied by a member.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, there is a nearby paid parking lot, as well as street parking available.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with gluten, soy, vegetarian, pescatarian, shellfish, pork, mushrooms, alliums, or garlic restrictions. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.