6-Course Nouveau Indian Dinner Series
The name of this relatively new (October 2018) restaurant on Charlotte, along the northern edge of Sylvan Heights, is a play on “chaat,” the Hindi word meaning “snacks.” The one-of-a-kind, rainbow-hued environment is an exciting place to discover the vast world of Indian street food, with more familiar dishes like mung bean dal and samosas featured alongside exotic discoveries like pav bhaji, a thick vegetable curry served with a soft roll, and bhel, a savory puffed rice treat. Larger dishes abound as well, including a host of other spectacular curries and plenty of vegetarian options. Executive Chef Praveen Pedankar—Chef Parry, as he is called by many—is turning out fare that Nashville Scene deems “delightful,” offering “a diverse spectrum of Indian food beyond the familiar items commonly served at Indian restaurants in the U.S.” We will be taking over Chaatable for the evening, and Chef Parry will be in and out of the kitchen to answer your questions and take us on a journey through the complex and rewarding world of indigenous Indian food.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Raised in Bangalore, Chef Pedankar completed culinary school in his native India before moving to New York in 2001 to take the Executive Chef roles first at Nanking Asian Fusion and then at the highly respected Brick Lane Curry House. Moving to Nashville in 2015, he led the kitchen at Chauhan Ale & Masala House before joining the team at Chaatable in November 2018.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
spiced potato hand pie with green peas, raita, tamarind chutney, and mint chutney
paneer with garlic, curry leaves, and mustard seed
pulled roasted butter chicken with butter tikka masala
cauliflower masala with cashews, onions, and coconut milk
with almond, cashew, tomato, and cardamom
Gulab Jamun Ice Cream Roll
gulab jamun ice cream with almond and pistachio
345 40th Ave N
Nashville, TN 37209
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, the chef will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies. Please note that accommodations can only be made if you Update Your Dietary Restrictions or email us at [email protected] no less than 72 hours before the event.