Central Michel Richard
6-Course French Meets American Dinner Series
Since its opening in 2007, Central Michel Richard has been showered with accolades, initially winning a James Beard Award as the Best New Restaurant and Best Chef in the United States and being named by the Washingtonian as one of the Top 20 restaurants in D.C. This modern American bistro with a French twist, located at the corner of 11th and Penn NW, was nothing less than the late Chef Richard’s heartfelt expression of love for American food. (“I make great French fries!” he used to boast). After winning international acclaim for Citronelle, his flagship restaurant in Georgetown, he pursued what he called “the democratization of gastronomy,” envisioning in Central Michel Richard a more informal but equally delicious dining experience. Today, his vision lives on—and so does the peerless quality of the food. “Some of the city’s best dishes,” raves Zagat. “Invariably delicious.” We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and chef de cuisine Sean Mulcahy will be on hand to answer your questions and to discuss Chef Richard’s legacy and how it is being interpreted today.
About the Host:
Chef de Cuisine
Chef Mulcahy has been a part of the culinary scene in Virginia and Washington DC for almost two decades, cutting his teeth at Bistro L’ Hermitage before transitioning to the powerhouse kitchens of The Landing, Bastille, and Mini Bar. He joined the team at Central Michel Richard in 2015.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Michel's Crab Begula
squid ink pasta with jumbo lump crab, beurre blanc, and lemon hollandaise
Yellow Tomato Gazpacho
with burrata, cucumber, yellow bell pepper, basil, and rustic bread
with iceberg lettuce, genoa salami, mozzarella cheese, basil oil, and red wine vinaigrette
Wild Mushroom Risotto
with roasted wild mushrooms and aged parmesan cheese
Michel's Fried Chicken
with cream cheese garlic mashed potatoes
Michel's Dessert Trio
kit kat bite | lemon egg-ceptional | raspberry, chocolate, and passion fruit macarons
Central Michel Richard
1001 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC 20004
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.