5-Course Revisiting Abruzzese Roots Tasting Event
Do you love Italian food? Silly question, because who doesn't? And if you love Italian food, you will love Caffé Nonna, which opened in Sylvan Park in 1999 and has kept its diners happy for 24 years. (Ya, a lifetime in the restaurant business!) A standard bearer with over 100 years of rustic Italian recipes and rural cooking, Caffé Nonna has been named to such Best Of Lists as Eater's "Best Italian in NSH" List ('23), Thrillist's "Most Romantic NSH Restaurants" List, and USA Today's "10 Best in Nashville." Founding chef Dan Maggipinto based his menu on his family's recipes from the Abruzzo region of Italy. Here, you will find superb arancini (rice balls), bruschetta, caprese, lasagna, seafood dishes, and so much more, not to mention the cannolis and the tiramisu, all done to a fine turn. It's a real Nashville institution, with authentic Italian home cooking, and if you haven't discovered it yet, this is your opportunity! We are excited to visit here and to hear from Head Chef James Kelsey, who will be cooking for us that night, about how he keeps the family traditions going.
About the Host:
Originally from New Mexico, Chef James Kelsey graduated Summa Cum Laude from Sullivan University's National Center for Hospitality Studies. He previously owned popular food truck Skewered, and cooked in the kitchens of Don Felix Cafe, Meson de Mesilla, and Mustard Seed Cafe before moving to Nashville. He joined the Caffé Nonna team in December, 2022.
Courses #1, #3, #4, and #5 will be served individually plated. Course #2 will be served family style.
Squid Ink Bucatini
grilled octopus, calabrian chili alfredo
truffle, ricotta crepe, chicken consommé, cured egg yolk, shaved cheese blend
Smoked Lamb Belly Skewers
rosemary potato foam, toasted breadcrumbs, shaved parmesan
ground beef, ricotta, nonna's marinara sauce
citrus, chocolate chips, ricotta
4427 Murphy Rd
Nashville, TN 37209
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, there is a nearby parking garage and/or lot, as well as street parking available. Parking is not validated.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with dairy, gluten, or garlic restrictions. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.