5-Course Glory of the Gulf Coast Tasting Event
Opened just this past April in Williamsburg, this exceptional eatery brings a menu rooted in Southern traditions to our Yankee shores. Eater promptly added Café Camellia to its List of “15 Hottest Restaurants in Brooklyn” while Grub Street did the same with its List of “Best NYC Restaurants Right Now.” And did we mention that New York Times placed Café Camellia on its 2023 List of “50 Best in the US”? Chef/Owner Roger Jacobsen hails from Fairhope, Alabama, where he worked first as a line cook and then a chef. Wanting to broaden his horizons, he headed for Gotham, cooking at such estimable establishments as Inoteca, Blue Water Grill, and L’atelier de Joel Robuchon. He then opened a place of his own—American Whiskey—and now Café Camellia, where he is happily serving blackened catfish, fried pickled green tomatoes, crab cakes, baby back ribs, hush puppies, collard greens, prawn and grits, and maybe the best key lime pie you’ve ever had. “Just about everything we tasted was deeply flavorful,” said Grub Street, so we are excited to visit, to meet Chef Jacobsen, and to hear why Southern cuisine must never be patronized!
About the Host:
Hailing from Alabama, Chef Roger Jacobsen first cut his culinary teeth in high school, joining a local restaurant as line cook. After rising through the ranks to chef, he moved to NYC, honing his craft at Inoteca, Blue Water Grill, and 2-Michelin-Starred L’atelier de Joel Robuchon. He opened American Whiskey in 2013. Café Camellia is his second restaurant.
All courses will be plated individually. For this event’s dietary restriction accommodation policy, see the Event FAQs below.
whole grain mustard, pickled onion and herb salad
Country Baby Back Rib
dill, vinegar, jezebel sauce
Shrimp Rice & Beans
andouille, smoked pork, egg, trinity sauce
Crispy Chicken & Roasted Rib Cap
'bama sauce, mixed herbs | bourbon worcestershire caramel
Key Lime Pie & Banana Pudding Tart
toasted coconut, candied lime zest | caramel, vanilla wafer
318 Graham Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11211
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $90 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.