Buenos Aires Cafe
6-Course Argentine Heritage Dinner Event
Established in 2005 by Reina Morris, this East Austin mainstay is now under the aegis of her daughter, Argentine-born Executive Chef/Co-Owner Paola Guerrero-Smith, who lovingly preserves the traditions that have made this restaurant so popular. Here, you’ll find Argentine tapas like charred provolone with fresh herbs, house-marinated olives with citrus zest, and all manner of empanadas. Then move onto grilled meats drizzled with signature chimichurri sauce, exceptionally fresh seafood, and vegetarian options. Eater has named Buenos Aires Café to its list of “The 38 Essential Restaurants in Austin, Winter 2020” while the Austin Chronicle calls it “one of the best dining options in the neighborhood.” Be sure to save room for dessert as well, because it is sensational here. We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Guerrero-Smith will be in and out of the kitchen to answer your questions and discuss the culinary traditions of the land of the tango.
About the Hosts:
Executive Chef & Owner
A native of Argentina, Paola immigrated with her family to the states in 1997 at the age of 15. Paola’s mother Reina started the restaurant in 2005. Paola watched her mother, driven by a love for authentic Argentinian food and culture, slowly turn a passionate hobby for pastry making into a career and then into a successful business. While Paola always worked with her mother through the years, it was in 2008 that she made a bigger commitment to the business, taking on the role of executive chef.
Chef de Cuisine
A Florida native and graduate of Miami's Johnson & Wales University, Chef Gomez draws from a melting pot of culinary influences from his Peruvian and Puerto Rican parents. He began his career as Chef de Cuisine at the Eden Roc Hotel and then became Sous Chef at the Westin Diplomat Hotel before joining the team at Buenos Aires Cafe.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with parma rosa and shaved parmesan
Mini Empanada Suave
with ground beef, onions, red bell peppers, raisins, green olives, herbs, and spices
La Causa tuna salad
with aji amarillo, lemon mashed potatoes, red bell peppers, and huancaina sauce
with sweet breads, churrasquito, house-made bratwurst, and chimichurri
sponge cake soaked in four milks
Buenos Aires Cafe
1201 E 6th St
Austin, TX 78702
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring proof of COVID-19 vaccination (refer to the "what qualifies as valid proof of vaccination" question below for more info on this) and a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $75 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member and all guests must also present proof of full vaccination upon arrival at the event in order to gain entry.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who fail to present proof of full vaccination upon arrival, and/or have not paid the guest ticket surcharge, will not be allowed entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- The chef will be unable to accommodate attendees with allium, dairy, or gluten restrictions at this event. For other allergies or special diets, please note that accommodations can only be made if you Update Your Dietary Restrictions or email us at [email protected] no less than 72 hours before the event.