5-Course Contemporary Southern Tasting Event
After 14 years of pleasing customers, even during a pandemic, this Uptown eatery is clearly a survivor… but then so is Chef/Owner Nathanial Zimet, who in 2011 was shot three times in an attempted robbery, an attack that left him hospitalized. Like many Americans, he lacked health insurance, but the local food community held several fundraisers on his behalf. After a miraculous recovery, he returned just months later to the line, returning the favor by feeding his city sophisticated Southern cuisine that somehow always has the flavor of home. StarChefs named Chef Zimet a Rising Star Chef in 2012, and, more recently, Eater named Boucherie to its 2022 list of "Best Riverbend Restaurants." At Boucherie, Chef Zimet is turning out innovative twists on traditional southern classics, with dishes like blackened shrimp & grits cake with bacon vinaigrette and pulled pork with mustard and sauerkraut cream. (Not to mention his non-regional reinventions like pistachio-crusted tuna, beet wellington, and applewood smoked scallops.) We're aching to visit, to hear from Chef Zimet, and to dig into some fine food!
About the Host:
Hailing from North Carolina, Chef Nathanial Zimet trained at the Cordon Bleu in London and Sydney before joining James Beard "Best Chef: Southest" semifinalist Shane Ingram and his team at 4 Square. In 2006, he began running a food truck (Que Crawl). Its success enabled him to grow the business into a brick-and-morter business, Boucherie, in 2008. He is a 2012 StarChefs "Rising Star Chef" winner.
All courses will be individually plated.
Grilled Romaine Hearts Caesar Salad
basil croutons, parmesan reggiano
BBQ Shrimp Toast
head-on jumbo gulf shrimp, spicy new orleans barbecue sauce
Lone Bone Tamale
niman ranch st. louis smoked ribs, crema, cotija cheese, jalapeños, shallot furikake
lima beans, slow-cooked fennel, sauerkraut, andouille breadcrumbs
Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding
krispy kreme donuts, warm caramel rum sauce
8115 Jeannette St
New Orleans, LA 0118
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.