Bing Bing Dim Sum
DAY 2: 6-Course Chinese Meets Jewish Dinner Series
Good times…good food. These watchwords are at the heart of the restaurant empire of Executive Chef Ben Puchowitz and his partner Shawn Darragh, which includes CHeU Noodle Bar, Nunu, and Cheu Fishtown. At Bing Bing Dim Sum, they have created a menu that feels like a fusion of Chinese and Jewish deli culinary traditions. Here, you will find such inventions as cheese steak bao, caterpillar bread (BBQ pork with caramelized honey and sesame), turnip cake made with matzoh, fried egg, maple soy, and bonito, and corned beef ribs. Fabulous noodle and rice dishes too, like caramel pork shank and eggplant mapo tofu. “Lots of fun,” says Time Out, while Philadelphia Magazine applauds Chef Puchowitz’s “homage to everything dim sum is or might be.” You’ll love the bar vibe setting too, with its acid-trip dumpling emojis decorating the walls and colored string lights hanging from the ceiling. We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Puchowitz will be on hand to answer your questions and discuss his love for Chinese food and how he is reimagining it.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Chef Puchowitz cut his teeth at Philadelphia's Matyson, rising to the rank of Executive Chef before branching out to establish his own Philly restaurant empire with CHeU Noodle Bar in 2013. Since then, Puchowitz has founded Bing Bing Dim Sum, Nunu, and Cheu Fishtown.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Jewish Chicken Soup Dumplings
Fresh Scallion Pancakes
three layer dip with smoked trout rillette, gribiche + wasabi tobiko | sesame eggplant dip with slow roasted tomatoes + chickpea miso | beef tartare with quail egg, kimchi + kewpie
Spicy Sichuan Cucumbers
with tofu, watercress, and ma la vinegar
Rice Noodle Rolls
with lobster, romaine, and green curry sauce
Caramel Pork Shank
with steamed buns, sambal oelek, and viet pickles
Chocolate Peanut Butter Whoopie Pie
with red bean paste
Bing Bing Dim Sum
1648 E Passyunk Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19148
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- The chef will be unable to accommodate vegetarians or guests with fin fish or gluten restrictions at this event. For other allergies or special diets, please note that accommodations can only be made if you Update Your Dietary Restrictions or email us at [email protected] no less than 72 hours before the event.