6-Course Bollywood Dreams Dinner Event
In choosing a name for her new (as of May 2018) restaurant, Chef Heena Patel selected Besharam, an Urdu word meaning “shameless,” which reflects the bold frame of mind she needed to realize her lifelong dream. Chef Patel has created an eatery in the former Alta space in Dogpatch’s Minnesota Street Projects that is an amalgam of her mother’s kitchen, the Mumbai street food on which she grew up, and the California produce that she found here as an immigrant. An alumna of La Cocina, Chef Patel delights with dishes like pa bhaji, a sort of build-your-own sloppy joe made from vegetable curry and a lightly fried egg between buttered buns, and gotas, or chickpea fritters. The pop-art murals on the walls add to the overall experience but The Infatuation says, “It may be the bright colors and cool art that draw you in, but the food is what will keep you coming back.” We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Patel will take your questions, share her story, and clue you into Gujarati cuisine.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Born in Mumbai, Chef Heena Patel moved to California to start a family, managing a flower shop and a German deli in San Rafael before earning her citizenship and beginning her culinary career. A graduate of San Francisco La Cocina food business incubator, Patel honed her fine-dining skills in the kitchens of State Bird Provisions and Jardinère, before opening up Besharam in May 2018.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
crispy cauliflower with sweet and sour manchurian sauce
Paresh's Fav Paratha
point reyes blue cheese stuffed flatbreads with strawberry chili chutney
Heirloom Tomato Salad
with sesame and black garlic vinaigrette, pickled green papaya, and toasted almonds
Lamb Sheekh Kebabs
with house garam masala and cucumber raita
monterey bay rock cod, kolkatta coconut curry, green garlic, and dill rice
shreekhand cheesecake with parle-g crust and berries
1275 Minnesota St
San Francisco, CA 94107
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.