Day 4: 5-Course Tribute To La Dordogne Tasting Series
While we delight in discovering new cuisines—Burmese, Nigerian, and Persian, for example—let us not forget the great pleasure of digging into a great French meal. That is what Bergerac, an authentically French bistro on Woodstock Blvd, has been offering diners so consistently since 2016 that Eater Portland has given it a place of honor on two of its 2023 Lists: “Best French Restaurants” and “Best in PDX.” Owned and operated by Chef Joris Barbaray and his wife, Gisella, and named for the town in the Dordogne area of France where Chef Barbaray grew up, Bergerac offers classic dishes like escargots, pâté maison, ratatouille, and marvelous bouef, poisson, and poulet entrees. Make sure to leave room for the superb desserts as well, including pot du chocolat and crème brûlèe. This is far from a fussy affair, however. Think of it as French comfort food. “If you’re looking for an eatery in Portland with a more European culinary pedigree than Bergerac Bistro, you’ll never find one,” says Portland Monthly. “C’est magnifique!”
About the Host:
Hailing from the town of Bergerac itself, French Chef Joris Barbaray previously operated a delicatessen with his wife in London before moving to Portland. A former member of the St. Jack team (under James Beard "Best Chef" Semi-Finalist Aaron Barnett), he opened Bergerac in 2016.
Courses #1 - #4 will be served family style. Course #5 will be individually plated.
leek soubise, roussillon sauce, squid ink tuile
Truffled Chicken Liver Mousse
sautéed apple, micro greens tartine
roasted squash, spicy walnut, blue cheese cream, mixed greens, reduced balsamic
Confit Duck Leg Bonbons
celeriac puree, duck jus
Pot au Chocolat
chocolate cream, chocolate drizzle, toasted almond, blackberry puree
5520 SE Woodstock Blvd
Portland, OR 97206
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests who are not members to this event?
- Yep! Members are able to purchase up to 3 guest tickets to this event (based on availability). However, guest tickets are $20 more than member tickets ($85 + tax/tip), and guests will not be allowed entry to the event unless they're accompanied by a member.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, there is nearby street parking available. Availability may be low however, so please plan accordingly.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with vegetarian, garlic, or dairy restrictions. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.