Day 2: 5-Course Decadent Parisian Tasting Series
Tasting Collective comes to Boston, and what better place to debut than this Kendall Square brasserie with tons of bonhomie! Opened in September 2022, Batifol is the latest creation from restaurateur Loic Le Garrec, whose Petit Robert Bistro has been a local favorite since 2005. This year, Batifol, French for "frolic," has landed on Thrillist's "Absolute Best Restaurants in Boston" list and Eater's 2023 "Hottest New Restaurants in Boston" list. French-born Executive Chef Cyrille Couet started working at his uncle's restaurant at the age of 13 and, after doing his apprenticeship in Brittany, earned his stripes in London at the Grosvenor House and Savoy Hotel. New York City came next, where he served as sous chef at the Patisserie and Bistro Payard, and then he landed in Boston at the Intercontinental Hotel. At Batifol, he is serving up elegant Parisian classics like escargots, coq au vin, steak frites, onion soup, crème brûlèe, and macarons. It's like a little getaway to the City of Light (one that's restorative indeed during a Boston winter.) We look forward to seeing you there and hearing from Chef Couet about how he honors and reimagines what is often considered the world's greatest cuisine.
About the Host:
Hailing from Angers, France, Chef Cyrille Couet honed his craft in London at the Grosvenor House and Savoy Hotel before moving to the US. Before his move to Boston, he was a sous chef at NYC's Patisserie and Bistro Payard (under James Beard "Outstanding Pastry Chef" Award-Winner François Payard). He previously cooked at Colette Wine Bistro and Bistro Duet before joining Batifol.
All courses will be individually plated.
Beet Cured Salmon Crudo
ginger vinaigrette, braised beets, ikura
Wild Mushroom "Vol-au-Vent"
mushroom, porcini mushroom cream
Pan Seared Atlantic Red Perch
butternut squash & rosemary risotto, beetroot vinaigrette
braised beef short ribs, mashed potatoes, braised carrot, mushroom, red wine sauce
Nutella Mousse & Crispy Crepe
nutella, oven dried crepes
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will do our best to accommodate requests for separate tables, assuming the space allows for them. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
291 Third St
Cambridge, MA 02142
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.