6-Course Mid-Century Inspired Dinner Event
A visit to the Bardo Lounge and Supper Club, Chef Brian Starkey’s 2018 creation located in Oakland’s historic Grand Lake District, is like an evening spent at an intimate and exceptionally delicious dinner party. Vintage furniture stores in the area provided the midcentury tables, chairs, and couches where one can settle in to enjoy inventive American cuisine that makes ingenious use of locally sourced seasonal ingredients. Chef Starkey, who most recently worked at the Michelin Bib Gourmand-cited Michel’s Bistro, has mined a wealth of 1960s cookbooks to resurrect such dishes as porcupine meatballs made with pork and fried rice and deviled duck eggs with fried duck skins. Called “The Bay Area’s Most Sophisticated New Restaurant” by SF Weekly, Bardo is very Mad Men and enormous fun. We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Starkey will be back-and-forth from the kitchen to field your questions and discuss recipes he has excavated from our 20th-century culinary heritage.
About the Host:
Chef Starkey has honed his craft at some of the Bay Area’s most reputable kitchens, including South Bay’s Michelin starred Plumed Horse, San Francisco’s Sons and Daughters and Bay Area favorites Commonwealth, Saison, and Plum. Brian received Michelin’s Bib Gourmand honors 3 years in a row for his cuisine at Oakland’s Michel Bistro and now brings his unique vision and creativity to Bardo Lounge & Supper Club.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with bacon jam, sherry, and fingerling potato
Marinated Brassica Salad
with verjus, green garlic, and ricotta salata
Caramelized Onion Danish
with smoked trout, trout roe, and goat cheese
Hand Cut Noodles
with kale, calabrese peppers, marjoram, and anchovy
New York Strip
with gold beets, picholine olives, and grapefruit
Olive Oil Cake
with rhubarb and meyer lemon cream
3343 Lakeshore Ave
Oakland, CA 94610
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, the chef will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies. Please note that accommodations can only be made if you Update Your Dietary Restrictions or email us at [email protected] no less than 72 hours before the event.