5-Course Portuguese Meets Indian Tasting Event
Opened in September of 2021, this River North gastropub soon landed on a bunch of “best of” lists, including USA Today’s “10 Best Indian Restaurants in Chicago,” Time Out’s “17 Best Indian Restaurants in Chicago,” and Eater’s “Best Restaurants in River North.” Goa, sometimes referred to as the “Ibiza of India,” is a vacation destination that sits on that nation’s southwest coast. For centuries, it was a Portuguese colony, and its unique cuisine, which merges Indian and Portuguese influences with an emphasis on seafood, is captured in this exciting eatery. When you walk into Bar Goa, with its tropical wallpaper, surfboards, and plant life on the walls, you’ll cast aside the Chicago winter, at least for a while. Chef Bhavin Chhatwani, who worked as a senior sous chef at two-Michelin-starred Taj Campton Place in San Francisco, is turning out memorable dishes like Goan whole fish, railway lamb curry, butter chicken croquettes, pork vindaloo sliders, and prawn and chorizo fried rice. We’re excited to visit here, to imagine ourselves on a warm beach, and to experience Goa’s distinctive and delicious cuisine!
About the Host:
Chef Bhavin Chhatwani attended culinary school at IHM – Aurangabad and honed his craft at at two-Michelin-starred Taj Campton Place restaurant in SF. In addition to specialty catering for events such as the Global Entrepreneur Summit, he previously headed the team at Adaa at the Taj Falaknuma Palace. Recently he joined Soiree hospitality as a head chef for Bar Goa.
Courses #1 - #4 will be served family-style. Course #5 will be individually-plated.
chickpea butter, smashed avocado chutney
Samosa Bomb & Malai Broccoli
sweet corn, cardamom, cheddar cheese, amul cheese
Grilled Lamb Chop
cumin tempered potato salad, lamb curry gravy
makhani sauce, cashews, naan
chickpea and sugar syrup sweets, saffron & cardamom ganache, pistachio crumble
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will do our best to accommodate requests for separate tables, assuming the space allows for them. Savory courses will be served family-style, with dessert individually plated. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
116 W Hubbard St Suite 1
Chicago, IL 60654
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.