5-Course Inventive Island-Inspired Tasting Event
Opened in May of 2020, this vibrant Caribbean restaurant in the Navy Yard is named for the bammy, a cassava root “flatbread” that is a staple in Jamaica. Soaked in coconut milk and fried until perfectly golden brown, the bammy is the perfect vessel for absorbing all the flavors on one’s plate. And that is what the Bammy’s folks set out to do: create an environment that is all about soaking up time spent with family and friends over a meal made with love. Executive Chef Peter Prime was named Eater’s 2019 D.C. Chef of the Year for his work at the critically-acclaimed Cane. A native of Trinidad and a graduate of New York City’s esteemed French Culinary Institute L’Ecole, Chef Prime delights his Bammy’s diners with all manner of jerk and curry dishes and stews like pepper pot and oxtail with butter beans. His creativity and expertise has earned Bammy’s a spot in the Michelin Guide and a place on Eater’s 2022 “Where to Eat and Drink in Navy Yard” list. We’re excited to visit, to learn more about the rich history of Caribbean cuisine, and, of course, to taste some amazing flavors.
About the Host:
Co-Executive Chef & Owner
A native of Trinidad and Tobago, and graduate of NYC's prestigious French Culinary Institute, Chef Prime honed his craft in a plethora of top D.C. restaurants including Equinox, the Hillstone Restaurant Group, and Citronelle in Georgetown, before striking out on his own, first with Spark, then Cane, and now Bammy's. He won Eater DC's "Chef of the Year" Award in 2019, and was named a Semi-Finalist for James Beard's "Best Chef: Mid-Atlantic" Award this year ('22).
Each course will be individually plated.
Pink Pineapple Chow
habanero, cilantro, lime
Salt Cod Fritters
pepper jelly, escovitch pickles
pigeon peas, coconut milk, green seasoning
Jerk Prawn & Short Rib
Key Lime Pie
sorrel, rum whipped cream
301 Water St, Ste. 115
Washington, DC 20003
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $80 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for vegetarians or those with aversions to alliums or peppers. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.