5-Course Contemporary Indian Tasting Event
There are Indian restaurants—and then there are Indian restaurants. East Village’s Baar Baar (which means ‘again and again’) is in a class of its own. For one thing, it is New York’s first modern Indian gastro bar, challenging your preconceptions about every Indian restaurant you’ve ever eaten in. Chef Sujan Sarkar, named by the Times of India as India’s chef of the year for 2016, has a remarkable pedigree gained from his far-ranging global cooking experiences. He worked at the Michelin-starred ‘Galvin at Windows’ at London Park Lane, the ‘Automat and Almada’ at Mayfair London, and took over the helm at Olive Bar & Kitchen in New Delhi. Then, he opened Rooh in San Francisco, where he served his interpretation of new-age Indian cuisine. With Baar Baar, he is exploring new directions that reimagine one of the world’s great cuisines. We'll be taking over the restaurant's outdoor space for this event (assuming the weather cooperates; if not, we'll be taking over their indoor space), and Chef Sarkar will take your questions and regale you with stories of his journey through the world of food. This goes without saying, but WE CAN'T WAIT!
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Chef Sarkar grew up in India, but built his culinary career in London: first at Michelin-starred restaurant Galvin at Windows, and later at Fifteen, Automat, and Almada. In 2016, he moved back to India where he was recognized as Chef of the Year by Times of India in 2016. In 2017, he relocated to San Francisco to open acclaimed eatery, ROOH, before settling down in NYC with Baar Baar.
All courses will be individually plated.
Avocado & Green Chickpea Bhel
with tamarind, puffed black rice, and radish
Lamb Pepper Fry
with chili peanut chutney, lemon sour cream, and crispy katifi
with millet kichedi, cilantro oil, and black rice papad
Baar Baar Butter Chicken
with red pepper makhani and saffron rice
Carrot Halwa Cake
with phirni mousse and saffron pistachio ice cream
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
13 E 1st St
New York, NY 10003
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $80 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except allium allergies. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.