5-Course Contemporary Indian Dinner Event
There are Indian restaurants—and then there are Indian restaurants. East Village’s Baar Baar (which means ‘again and again’) is in a class of its own. For one thing, it is New York’s first modern Indian gastro bar, challenging your preconceptions about every Indian restaurant you’ve ever eaten in. Chef Sujan Sarkar, named by the Times of India as India’s chef of the year for 2016, has a remarkable pedigree gained from his far-ranging global cooking experiences. He worked at the Michelin-starred ‘Galvin at Windows’ at London Park Lane, the ‘Automat and Almada’ at Mayfair London, and took over the helm at Olive Bar & Kitchen in New Delhi. Then, he opened Rooh in San Francisco, where he served his interpretation of new-age Indian cuisine. With Baar Baar, he is exploring new directions that reimagine one of the world’s great cuisines. We'll be taking over the restaurant's outdoor space for this event (assuming the weather cooperates; if not, we'll be taking over their indoor space), and Chef Sarkar will take your questions and regale you with stories of his journey through the world of food. This goes without saying, but WE CAN'T WAIT!
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Chef Sarkar grew up in India, but built his culinary career in London: first at Michelin-starred restaurant Galvin at Windows, and later at Fifteen, Automat, and Almada. In 2016, he moved back to India where he was recognized as Chef of the Year by Times of India in 2016. In 2017, he relocated to San Francisco to open acclaimed eatery, ROOH, before settling down in NYC with Baar Baar.
Each course will be individually-plated.
with kolkata beet chop, feta toum, and apricot + chili chutney
Duck Seekh Kebab
with mint + cilantro emulsion and pickled fennel
Sea Bass Polichattu
with malabar curry and cilantro oil
Chef's Signature Butter Chicken
with red pepper makhani and saffron rice
Tutti Frutti Cassata
with strawberry, rose, and black pepper meringue
13 E 1st St
New York, NY 10003
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring proof of COVID-19 vaccination (refer to the "what qualifies as valid proof of vaccination" question below for more info on this) and a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $75 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member and all guests must also present proof of full vaccination upon arrival at the event in order to gain entry.
- What qualifies as valid proof of vaccination?
- To verify that you are fully vaccinated, and gain entry to the event, you must present to our event lead any one of the following forms of proof: your original physical vaccination card, a clearly legible photo of your original vaccination card, the CLEAR Health Pass App, the Excelsior Pass, or the NYC COVID Safe App. Please note, you will be only be considered “fully vaccinated” if it has been at least 14 days since you've received either (a) a second shot of the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, or (b) a single shot of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. More questions about this? Check out our COVID-19-Related Event Requirements.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who fail to present proof of full vaccination upon arrival, and/or have not paid the guest ticket surcharge, will not be allowed entry.
- What happens if the weather doesn't allow for this event to take place outdoors?
- Our intent is to host this event outdoors. If the weather doesn't cooperate, we will be moving the event indoors. Any attendees who are not comfortable with indoor dining will be able to pick up their meal to-go, as we will not be able to offer refunds in this situation.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- The chef will be unable to accommodate attendees with allium restrictions at this event. For other allergies or special diets, please note that accommodations can only be made if you Update Your Dietary Restrictions or email us at [email protected] no less than 72 hours before the event.