Day 3: 5-Course Nouveau Israeli Tasting Series
Opened in 2019, this Israeli eatery from restauranteur Tal Baum (of Falafel Nation, Rina, and Atrium) was named to Eater’s 2022 List of “Favorite Atlanta Restaurants” and Southern Living’s 2023 List of “25 Best Atlanta Restaurants.” Israel's cuisine has become increasingly recognized as one of the world’s best, representing a crossroads of flavors from three distinct traditions associated with the Diaspora: the cuisine of Middle Eastern Jews with roots in Southwest Asia and North Africa; the cuisine of Sephardic Jews from Iberia; and the cuisine of Ashkenazi Jews from Central and Eastern Europe. Drawing on all of these influences, Executive Chef Brenda Ogando offers brilliant dishes like halloumi with harissa honey, cauliflower tagine with muhammara and saffron rice, lamb shanks with lentils, dates, and pomegranate, and trout with tamarind and fenugreek. Make sure to leave room for desserts like Turkish coffee tiramisu and pistachio baklava. “Aziza means happiness in Arabic,” says Atlanta Journal-Constitution, clearly delighted with their visit, as we are sure to be too. See you there!
About the Host:
Chef Brenda Ogando graduated from the Universidad del Este with a degree in culinary management before moving to the continental US. After rising through the ranks at BLT Steak and Mares, she joined the Aziza team as Executive Chef.
Courses #1 - #4 will be served family style. Course #5 will be individually plated. For this event’s dietary restriction accommodation policy, see the Event FAQs below.
Leek Confit Hummus
sumac, black garlic, halloumi
Burrata & Butternut Squash
arugula, pepita, fried shallot, honey citrus vinaigrette
Lamb & Beef Kofta
harissa bean stew
freekeh, mushrooms, cipollini onion, silan chicken jus
Turkish Coffee Tiramisu
mascarpone cheese custard, cocoa-turkish coffee topping, coffee chantilly cream
1170 Howell Mill Road Suite P10b
Atlanta, GA 30318
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with garlic or allium allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $90 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, parking is available through their private lot and/or garage.