6-Course Nouveau Greek Dinner Series
We have to admit: we love us a real Greek taverna. Grilled octopus, moussaka, avgolemono soup, Greek salad…we’re there. Especially when this iconic food is as beautifully prepared as it is at Avli Taverna, opened just a year ago in Lincoln Park on a quiet, tree-lined street near the DePaul University campus. Executive Chef/Owner Louie Alexakis has a long and successful history as a restaurateur. In 1995, he opened Ouzeri, Chicago’s first “Greek tapas” restaurant, and followed that in 2009 with Avli Restaurant in Winnetka, which Northshore magazine named one of that year’s best new eateries. Avli Taverna, which Eater cited as “One of the 8 Essential Greek Restaurants in Chicago,” is also a recipient of the coveted Michelin Bib Gourmand. Avli Taverna’s motto is Meraki (Soul), Philoxenia (Hospitality), and Kefi (Joy). All are in abundant evidence, as you will see when we take over the restaurant for this event. Chef Alexakis will be in and out of the kitchen to answer your questions and tell you everything you always wanted to know about Greek cuisine.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Chef Alexakis has owned and operated restaurants for three decades. His first Avli Restaurant in Winnetka in 2009, earning widespread praise and named one of the best new restaurants by Northshore Magazine. He opened Avli Taverna in Lincoln Park in 2018, earning a Michelin Bib Gourmand in 2019.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
poached kalamata figs with greek honey
wild shrimp with shredded filo nest and bukovo mayo
lamb meatballs with tomato sauce and feta-yogurt dressing
with arugula, chicory, orange, grapefruit, and citrus dressing
cold-water lobster and misko pasta with tomato-ouzo sauce
Caramel Baklava Ice Cream
house-made vanilla ice cream with layers of caramel and baklava
1335 W Wrightwood Ave, Chicago, IL 60614
Chicago, IL 60614
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.