As You Are
5-Course Creative Melting Pot Tasting Event
Given just how many restaurants there are in the Big Apple, it’s quite something that this Boerum Hill eatery in the Ace Hotel, opened in 2021, was named to Thrillist’s list of “Everywhere You Need to Eat in NYC Right Now.” As You Are is a neighborhood hub that celebrates Brooklyn culture and its wide range of culinary traditions. Michael King, Executive Chef, is a second-generation chef who has become an established veteran of New York City's dynamic restaurant scene, having cut his teeth at such establishments as the Michelin-recommended Vai restaurant and the Royalton Hotel. A gastronomic polymath, he works comfortably within a range of cuisines, including Japanese, Mediterranean, American, and Mexican. Prior to joining the opening kitchen team at the Ace Hotel, he served as Executive Chef of the W Hotel, Union Square, where he helmed the kitchens for the Irvington and Taco Electrico restaurants. At As You Are, he is turning out dishes from celery root latkes to octopus mezcal ragu to cauliflower cacio de pepe and many more that draw from the great bounty of global cuisines.
About the Host:
Hailing from the Boston area, Chef Michael King is a second-generation chef who fell in love with the industry at a young age, while accompanying his father to work. He attended Hampshire College before entering New York City's dynamic restaurant scene, cutting his teeth at a number of well-regarded establishments such as the Michelin-recommended Vai restaurant, and the Royalton Hotel. Most recently, he served as Executive Chef of the W Hotel, Union Square, where he helmed the kitchens at the property's two eateries: Irvington and Taco Electrico.
All courses will be individually plated.
Montauk Tilefish Crudo
with rhubarb consomme, green strawberry, and cascabel chile
with caramelized cauliflower cacio e pepe, confit shallot, and mint
with octopus-mezcal ragu, orange, and oregano
with braised squab, mascarpone, and grilled ramps
Strawberry Coconut Shortcake
with coconut mousse and strawberry-yuzu sorbet
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
As You Are
252 Schermerhorn St (Demo Kitchen at the Ace Hotel)
Brooklyn, NY 11217
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with aversions to alliums, dairy, gluten, or nightshades. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $80 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.