DAY 2: 5-Course Modern Piemontese Tasting Series
Pellegrino Artusi was the 19th century figure who can be thought of as a kind of Italian Escoffier. His landmark book La Scienza in Cucine e L’Arte di Mangiare Bene (The Science of Cooking and the Art of Eating Well) was instrumental in establishing a national Italian cuisine, as he collected recipes, traditions, and culinary techniques from all over his homeland. Executive Chef Stuart Lane earned his stripes cooking in Italy, and then Seattle's renowned Cafe Juanita, before joining the ever-popular Spinasse as Sous Chef. Artusi is the sleek and stylish sister bar and eatery of Spinasse, established in 2011, and it has been bringing fine food to diners ever since, with such dishes as risotto with peas and chives, mezzaluna (butternut squash with sage and amaretti), bruschetta with njuda sausage and miner’s lettuce, and potato fritters stuffed with prosciutto and smoked mozzarella. “Fantastic food,” raves CN Traveler, while The Infatuation names Artusi to its list of “Where to Go on a Date in Seattle.” Well…it’s a date. See you there!
About the Host:
Following a creative writing degree from Western Washington University, Chef Stuart Lane enrolled at Bellingham Technical College where he graduated with a degree in Culinary Arts, which he followed up with a degree from the Italian Culinary Institute in Piedmont, Italy. After school, he worked at the Hotel Monte del Re in Dozza, Italy and back stateside as Chef de Cuisine at Cafe Juanita. In 2010, Chef Lane joined Spinasse as co-sous chef. In 2015, he assumed the role of Executive Chef for Spinasse and sister bar and eatery, Artusi.
All courses will be individually plated.
romaine lettuce with salami, provolone, red onion, and oregano
Prosciutto Fry Bread
with prosciutto cotto, salsa verde, and radishes
with basil pesto and roasted cherry tomatoes
with soft polenta
Strawberry Tre Latte Cake
with vanilla biscotti
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
1535 14th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests who are not members to this event?
- Yep! Members are able to purchase up to 3 guest tickets to this event (based on availability). However, guest tickets are $20 more than member tickets ($85 + tax/tip), and guests will not be allowed entry to the event unless they're accompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with aversions to alliums or dairy. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.