5-Course Italian Locavore Tasting Event
This convivial spot, tucked into the Kimpton Tryon Park, Charlotte’s most sophisticated boutique hotel, has become a magnet for Italian food lovers…which is just about everyone, yes? Here, in a handsome space that features high ceilings, unique hanging light fixtures, and warm wood finishes, you will find a modern take on old favorites like veal saltimbocca (but served with apricot and fig marmalade) or whipped ricotta (but served with lavender honey). Executive Chef Vince Giancarlo is a North Carolina native, who spent years cooking in top restaurants throughout Los Angeles before returning home to take the helm at well-acclaimed Charlotte restaurants before working for Angeline's this year. We will be taking over Angeline’s for this event, and Chef Giancarlo will be on hand to answer your questions and introduce each course.
About the Host:
A native of Outer Banks, NC, and graduate of Charlotte's Johnson & Wales University, Chef Giancarlo first cut his teeth at Charlotte's Aquavina Contemporary Seafood, working his way up to Executive Chef by the age of 21. He then relocated to Los Angeles to hone his craft under renowned Chef Josiah Citrin, at both his 2 Michelin-starred French bastion Melisse, and his Venice Beach concept Charcoal Venice. Upon returning to CLT, he took the Executive Chef position at Zeppelin, and most recently served as Chef de Cuisine at The Jimmy.
All courses will be individually plated.
Prosciutto & Melon
with 18 month-aged prosciutto and compressed summer melon
with north carolina tomatoes, fresh burrata, extra virgin olive oil, and basil
Sweet Corn Agnolotti
handmade filled pasta with sweet summer corn, fresh ricotta, and charred corn
Wood Grilled Heritage Pork
with spiced pistachio, charred carrots, sweet pickled garlic, and crispy salumi
with lemon curd, graham cracker crumbs, and fresh north carolina strawberries
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
303 S Church St
Charlotte, NC 28202
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $80 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.