DAY 1: 6-Course Ode to Southern Italy Dinner Series
The word “agrodolce” means “bittersweet” in Italian—but, in fact, a visit to this cozy Fremont trattoria that features southern Italian and Sicilian cuisine is pretty much all pleasure. Here, you will find glorious hand-made pastas, risottos, arancini, and so much more, all crafted under the seasoned hand of the new Executive Chef/Owner Thomas Litrenta, who took over this year from original owner, the James Beard Award-winning chef Maria Hines. Hines’ influence is still felt at Agrodolce, with signature dishes like a classic ragù and charred broccoli with anchovy mayo staying on, but Chef Litrenta is also delighting diners with the kind of pasta dishes he learned to make under the tutelage of his great-grandmother. Everything at Agrodolce is locally sourced and in-season, drawing, of course, on the bounty of the Pacific Northwest. We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Litrenta will be on hand to answer your questions and talk about the food legacy that he is honoring at Agrodolce.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
From a Neapolitan and Calabrian family, Chef Litrenta has worked in Italian kitchens for the last 26 years, including stints at Westward, Ernest Loves Agnes, and Szmania’s before landing at Agrodolce. He joined the team at Agrodolce in 2018, and purchased the restaurant from former owner Maria Hines in March 2019.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with burrata, local roots kale pesto, and pickled red onion
Kings Garden Sweet Potato Crostada
with gorgonzola, girly girl micro greens, and lemon-thyme vinaigrette
with wild capers and lemon-butter sauce
Tonnemaker Squash Cavatelli
with foraged and found marsala mushrooms, sage brown butter, and crispy prosciutto
Aspen Hollow Osso Bucco
with alvarez patata puree and roasted local roots carrots
Sicilian Apple Cake
with sultanas, toasted walnut, and vanilla crema
709 N 35th St
Seattle, WA 98103
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with garlic or severe latex aversions/allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.