5-Course Manila Meets Mexico City Tasting Event
The restaurant world is full of great American success stories, and Adobo XO is one of them. Executive Chef Blaine Baggao learned about cooking from his Filipino grandmother, falling in love with her chicken adobo, lumpia, tacos, and green chili cheese fries, which are all on his menu now. After suffering a traumatic brain injury in a motorcycle accident, he deflected from his career as a financial advisor and launched a food truck that Westword named Best Food Truck of 2019 and that was featured on the Netflix special Fresh, Fried and Crispy. He became one of the vendors at Meow Wolf’s HELLOFOOD in 2021 and then, in 2022, he opened a bricks-and-mortar establishment on Federal Boulevard, where he serves green chili that has earned him a Westword Top 10 Green Chile in Denver citation, tacos that have won the best traditional taco award at TOPTACO, and carnitas that he smokes for 12 hours over cherry wood. Did we mention that 5280 gave it a coveted spot on their Best New Restaurants list? We’re pumped to visit Adobo XO and to hear all about Chef Baggao’s life journey and his love for Filipino food.
About the Host:
Chef Baggao grew up in Roswell, New Mexico. After working in events and hospitality, he launched his career in the kitchen as a Restaurant Supervisor at St Julien Hotel & Spa. After graduating college and working in finance for a number of years, Chef Baggao was in an accident and suffered a serious brain injury, which made him rethink his life path and open up Adobo XO, first as a food truck, and now a brick and mortar restaurant.
All courses will be individually plated.
Lumpia Three Ways
pork, garlic, ginger | pork, shrimp, garlic, ginger | beef, green chile, foie gras
pickled papaya salad, sour tamarind soup
green chile, cheese, red chile sauce, lime crema | pork, shrimp, jalapeño ponzu sauce
Chef’s Choice Taco Trio
oak-smoked brisket, roasted poblano, hot sauce, cotija | cherry-smoked carnitas, lime fig jam, cotija | mesquite-smoked chicken, lime, eagle rare whiskey honey reduction
purple yam butter biscuits, dulce de leche
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
3109 N Federal Blvd
Denver, CO 80211
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- Unfortunately, for this event we will not be able to accommodate any dietary restrictions or food allergies. Apologies for the inconvenience!