5-Course Ode To The Jewish Diaspora Tasting Event
Michael Solomonov and Steven Cook, the James Beard Award-winning team behind Zahav, opened Abe Fisher in Rittenhouse Square in 2014. The menu pays homage to centuries of tradition, all while embracing the idea that cultural exchange places cuisine in a continuous state of evolution. Beloved Abe dishes that exemplify this theme include chicken liver mousse with schmaltz rye toast and pastrami-onion jam, borscht tartare with egg and smoked trout roe, and latke fries with herb sour cream and applesauce. Upon its opening, Philadelphia Inquirer food critic Craig LaBan gave it a 3-Bell "Excellent" review, citing the signature dish of Montreal smoked short ribs as the "Feast of The Year" and reporting that the food was "so profoundly good, the first bites registered pleasure to my knees." Note that Abe Fisher has also maintained its standards to the point that the Philadelphia Inquirer named it to a 2022 list of "Best Restaurants in Philly." Well, with a name like Abe Fisher, it's got to be good!
About the Host:
Hailing from Huntington, PA, Chef Nick 'Rudy' Yaruta graduated from culinary school and held line cook positions locally before making the move to Philly in 2013. After cutting his teeth at Terrain Cafe, he joined the opening leadership team of Terrain's second location. In 2021, he started as a line cook at Abe Fisher, rising through the ranks to become Head Chef.
Courses #1 - #4 will be served family-style. Course #5 will be individually-plated.
Chef's Choice Spread Sampler
challah rolls, garlic boursin cheese, romanian eggplant dip, roasted red pepper salad, braised cabbage
"Jewish Classics" Trio
chicken liver mousse, schmaltz rye toast, pastrami onion jam | borscht tartare, smoked trout roe, potato chips | latke fries, herb sour cream, applesauce
Hot Smoked Salmon
celery root, pickled celery & mustard seed salad, parsley
Pan Roasted Chicken
smoked collard greens, mushrooms, lemon jus
sour cream cheesecake | toasted coconut macaroon cake
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will do our best to accommodate requests for separate tables, assuming the space allows for them. Savory courses will be served family-style, with dessert individually plated. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
1623 Sansom St
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for dairy, eggs, alliums, or garlic. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.