5-Course Globally Inspired Dinner Event
The unusual name of this Montrose neighborhood eatery and record bar derives from the ‘90s hip-hop Souls of Mischief song “93 ‘Til Infinity,” but that’s about as derivative as things get around here. Endlessly inventive Chef Lung Ly worked at sushi restaurants in Houston before heading out to Portland, Oregon, where he developed his passion for charcuterie and butchery. He did a stint in New York at Tom Colicchio’s Small Batch restaurant before heading back to Houston, where he opened 93 ‘Til in 2020. Here, he turns out some of the city's most inventive food, like chicken liver mousse with fennel marmalade & smoked trout roe, pork cheek shepherd’s pie, or fried frog legs with salsa matcha. Inspired by Tokyo’s record bar culture, 93 ‘Til is also about music, with a great soundtrack of hip-hop, funk, soul, worldbeat, classic rock, and African jazz. Did we mention that Eater featured 93 ‘Til on their most recent “Hottest New Restaurants in HTX” List, and Thrillist named it to their latest “Where to Eat in HTX Right Now” List? Needless to say, we can't wait to see what all the buzz is about firsthand!
About the Host:
A native of Sacramento, Chef Ly got his professional start at Uptown Sushi in Houston at the age of 19. He then relocated to Portland to attend Oregon Culinary Institute before further honing his craft in several of the city's most-acclaimed eateries (Paley's Place and Laurelhurst Market). His last stop before returning to HTX was NYC, where he spent 2 years cooking at Chef's Club and Tom Collicchio's Small Batch.
Each course will be plated individually.
Pâté en Croûte
with pickled turnips
with strawberry salsa and pine nuts
Anson Mills Grain Porridge
with roasted squash
with mushrooms and gremolata
Olive Oil Cake
with figs and goat cheese frosting
1601 W Main St.
Houston, TX 77006
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring proof of COVID-19 vaccination (refer to the "what qualifies as valid proof of vaccination" question below for more info on this) and a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $75 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member and all guests must also present proof of full vaccination upon arrival at the event in order to gain entry.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who fail to present proof of full vaccination upon arrival, and/or have not paid the guest ticket surcharge, will not be allowed entry.
- What happens if the weather doesn't allow for this event to take place outdoors?
- Our intent is to host this event outdoors. If the weather doesn't cooperate, we will be moving the event indoors. Any attendees who are not comfortable with indoor dining will be able to pick up their meal to-go, as we will not be able to offer refunds in this situation.
- What qualifies as valid proof of vaccination?
- To verify that you are fully vaccinated, and gain entry to the event, you must present to our event lead any one of the following forms of proof: your original physical vaccination card, a clearly legible photo of your original vaccination card, or the CLEAR Health Pass App. Please note, you will be only be considered “fully vaccinated” if it has been at least 14 days since you've received either (a) a second shot of the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, or (b) a single shot of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. More questions about this? Check out our COVID-19-Related Event Requirements.