5-Course Nouveau Korean Tasting Event
The name of this newish (November 2021) downtown eatery derives from Korea’s country code (+82), but the numbers also allude to a Korean phrase that signifies a ‘get-it-done’ mentality. That mentality certainly applies to Executive Chef/Co-Owner Bong Le Jo, who has ‘gotten it done’ right from the beginning of his career, starting out in the kitchen of Jean-Georges’ Perry St, where he learned the techniques of French cuisine, moving on to other French or French-inspired dining spots, such as Dovetail and Jean-Georges, and then training in sushi at Kissaki. But South Korea-born Chef Jo, who emigrated to the U.S. when he was 11 and grew up in Sunnyside Queens, is going back to his roots at 8282, where he serves fresh, modern takes on Korean food that thrilled Time Out, which hailed “standouts like boneless K.F.C., grilled skirt steak, and sensational dakgalbi kimchi-bap,” and delighted The Infatuation, which called 8282’s fare “exciting.” We’re excited too to visit here and learn more about the Korean food we love from Chef Jo.
About the Host:
Bong Le Jo
Born in Cheongju, South Korea and raised in Sunnyside, Queens, Chef Bong Le Jo learned the culinary trade on the job, starting at Perry St where he learned the techniques of French cuisine. He went on to work at other French restaurants including Dovetail and Jean-Georges before turning to Japanese cuisine at Kissaki before striking out on his own with 8282.
All courses will be individually plated.
Golden Beet & Tomato Kimchi Salad
with housemade burrata, basil, perilla leaves, pistachio, and yuzu kosho
Aged Yellowtail Hirasama Crudo
with lemon yuzu vinaigrette, soy pickled pepper, yuzu kosho, sugar snap peas, and pea puree
Seafood Perilla Oil Pasta
angel hair pasta tossed in soy sauce and topped with seaweed + sesame seed crumbs, korean perilla leaves + oil, snow crab, and uni
LA Pork Galbi
grilled soy-marinated pork shoulder with ssamjang, spinach, shiitake mushrooms, and korean bean paste sauce
Injeolmi Ice Cream
mascarpone gelato with korean multi-grain paste, honey, and parmesan cheese
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
As per this restaurant's policy, all attendees must be fully vaccinated and will be required to show proof of vaccination at the door to gain entry. We will also be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating, and all food will be served individually plated.
84 Stanton St
New York, NY 10002
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $75 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What qualifies as valid proof of vaccination?
- To verify that you are fully vaccinated, and gain entry to the event, you must present to our event lead any one of the following forms of proof: your original physical vaccination card, a clearly legible photo of your original vaccination card, the CLEAR Health Pass App, the Excelsior Pass, or the NYC COVID Safe App. Please note, you will be only be considered “fully vaccinated” if it has been at least 14 days since you've received either (a) a second shot of the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, or (b) a single shot of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. More questions about this? Contact us at [email protected]
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring proof of vaccination along with a government-issued photo ID.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except gluten allergies. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.