6-Course Elevated Californian Dinner Event
Located on Courtland Avenue in Bernal Heights, 3rd Cousin is the latest creation from Chef Greg Lutes, who earned a loyal following with his Kinfolk pop-up series. Rustic yet elegant, 3rd Cousin embodies all the values of Californian and New American cuisine, sourcing the best organic produce, grass-fed meat, and local, sustainable seafood that the region has to provide. Chef Lutes developed his culinary chops cooking at some of the top restaurants in the country, including Chicago’s Everest and Courtright’s and New York’s fabled Boulud. On 3rd Cousin’s varied and innovative menu, you can expect to find everything from burratas to brassicas, ramps to ramen, morels to mole, and more. “There is much to applaud here,” reports SF Weekly, and diners enjoy it all in an atmosphere that makes them feel like guests at a good friend’s dinner party. We will be taking over the entire restaurant for this event, and you will have ample opportunities to ask questions of Chef Lutes and hear all about his food passions.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Chef Greg Lutes sharpened his chef's skills at John Joho's Michelin-starred Chicago restaurant Everest and under Chef Daniel Boulud at his New York flagship Daniel before holding the Executive Chef role at Waterfront, Skates on the Bay, and Lot 7 in San Francisco. He opened 3rd Cousin in late 2015.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with yuzu smoked shoyo, kiwi, rice crisp, black garlic
with whipped truffle tremor, aleppo pepper, gaeta olives, pickled onion, and yoga sauce
with romanesco, potatoes, fennel, and sport pepper-pimenton dip
with acorn squash, morels, oakdale gouda, and creme fraiche
Braised Short Rib
with bourgoinone, kimchi potato, chard, and cipollini
Chocolate Mousse Tart
with blood orange and almond
919 Cortland Ave
San Francisco, CA 94110
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.