5-Course Inventive Southern Tasting Event
Think of this new (July 2022) Goose Island establishment as a "SpeakEatery"—that is, a black- and woman-owned full-scale restaurant and bar channeling speakeasy vibes. The menu from Executive Chef Brooks Hart, formerly of Stephanie Izard's retro-style Little Goat Diner, highlights both protein and vegetarian dishes that any foodie will enjoy. Specialties of the house include corn ribs, carrots and grits with dukkah, and a butter burger that is becoming a local sensation. Did we mention the crispy cauliflower steak with caramelized leek gravy and roasted mushrooms? And the caramel apple empanadas for dessert? It's all served in an intimate setting with a contemporary color palette of yellows, blues, and reds mixed up with old school elements like bare Edison bulbs and a back bar lined with glass bottles. A Cotton Club-esque soundtrack adds to the mellow. No wonder The Infatuation promptly named 1308 to its 2022 list of "Best New Restaurants in Chicago"!
About the Host:
A Detroit native, Chef Brooks Hart honed his craft at top restaurants across Honolulu and Pittsburgh before landing in Chicago. He then rose through the ranks to become Stephanie Izard's right-hand man as Chef De Cuisine at Little Goat. He joined 1308 when it opened in July 2022.
All courses will be individually plated.
Hot Water Cornbread
pimento cheese, blueberry butter, house pickle
Baby Gem Salad
roasted beets, sunflower seeds, ginger tahini dressing
Butternut Squash Agnolotti
roasted brussel sprouts, french brown butter sauce, ricotta
Milk Braised Pork Belly
charred cabbage, roasted apples, pickled mustard seed
Sweet Corn Cake
buttered popcorn ice cream, blueberry caramel
1308 N Elston Ave
Chicago, IL 60642
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.