6-Course Tribute to the Azores Dinner Event
We're nearly 9 months removed from our first collaboration with Uma Casa and Chef/Owner Telmo Faria has a whole bunch of new recipes he's eager to get our feedback on. Given the incredible feedback we got from attendees at our first event series with Chef Faria, we can't wait to return and serve as his guinea pigs! As a refresher, Uma Casa is where Chef Faria pays homage to his formative years spent cooking in his father's restaurant on the island of Faial in the Portuguese Azores. Chef Faria is a graduate of the California Culinary Academy and previously served as Executive Chef at La Salette in Sonoma (see full bio below). In 2015, he established Uma Casa, where he turns out variations on classic dishes, exploring a cuisine strongly influenced by the foods and flavors of distant lands like China, India, Brazil, and North Africa, which were visited in the Age of Exploration by Portuguese mariners. Recently honored with a Michelin Plate in the 2018 San Francisco Guide, Uma Casa is a “newly mined jewel,” according to SF Weekly, with an emphasis on local produce, seafood, and intense Mediterranean flavor. We will be taking over the restaurant for this event and Chef Faria will regale us with stories of his native country and its distinctive cuisine.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Before opening Uma Casa in January 2017, Chef Faria was previously Executive Chef of La Salette in Sonoma, Tropisueño and Mosto in San Francisco, and, most recently, Executive Chef and Founder of Tacolicious restaurants in the Bay Area.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Roasted Beet, Citrus & Fennel Salad
with white port vinaigrette
Rissole de Camarão
shrimp turnover with piri-piri aioli and pea shoots
with red pepper emulsion, fingerling potato, and broccoli rabe
Roast Pork Tenderloin
with sweet potato puree, braised collard greens, and salsa verde
filet mignon skewer with pearl onion, shishito pepper, and crispy polenta
Olive Oil Cake
with ruby port whipped cream and market strawberries
1550 Church St.
San Francisco, CA 94131
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will not be able to accommodate any dietary restrictions or allergies except for those with gluten or dairy allergies. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.